My results after losing 124lbs and 3.5 years of maintenance!

Options
1922133_810783367119_902696601_n.jpg
Left: 2009 Right:2014

I have maintained my weight loss of 124lbs for the last 3.5 years! It is crazy to think of the life I lived before my healthy life style began. I am now, happier, healthier and more alive than ever. If you want to read my whole story feel free to check out my blog: http://healthychoices-for-life.blogspot.com

Replies

• spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Wow, awesome job! :flowerforyou:
  • IPMarilynM
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • kimstwin
    kimstwin Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Not only is your loss incredible, but it is so inspiring to see someone who has maintained for a long time. Congratulations on your healthy lifestyle! You look so happy and healthy!
  • Bejede
    Bejede Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring!!! You look great! Congratulations on the loss and for maintaining!
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • katetmclean
    Options
    Congratulations Nicole. It is great to hear from people who have actually maintained their weight loss. All the best for your future.
    Kate
  • maryseb63
    maryseb63 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    So inspiring, I know the maintaining is the hardest. Great lifestyle changes, you must be so proud of all that hard work.
  • Sarahnade42x
    Sarahnade42x Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    So. Awesome. And I saw on your blog that you do this while juggling school and work...you go, girl!
  • AussieGal73
    Options
    WTG, that's awesome, you have a beautiful tiny waist! Congratulations on maintaining too!
  • nicholebean
    nicholebean Posts: 160
    Options
    Thank you all! Maintaining is hard, but worth it. I still have my bad days, but the good days outweigh the bad and I have promised myself that I will never see 255lbs on the scale ever again.
  • armadillolabrat
    armadillolabrat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Great job with maintaining your weight loss. The hardest part for me is not losing the initial weight but maintaining the weight loss for years at a time.
  • JaysWays
    JaysWays Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thats What hard work looks like!!! woot woot! amazing!
  • Luizam25
    Luizam25 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Good job!thanks for sharing with us.
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Wow - so inspiring! Losing 124 pounds is obviously a great accomplishment, but keeping it off, now that's what is impressive. Congrats to you and thanks for sharing!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Wow! Wow!! Wow!! YOU look amazing!!! :flowerforyou:
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Amazing work! Can I ask what you think is the most important part of maintenance? Is it just constant and ongoing vigilance? Do you still weigh and measure everything?
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!

Beautiful Transformation

Thank-you for sharing and inspiring.
  • nicholebean
    nicholebean Posts: 160
    Options
    Amazing work! Can I ask what you think is the most important part of maintenance? Is it just constant and ongoing vigilance? Do you still weigh and measure everything?

I believe the most important part is being accountable for yourself everyday. I weigh in every Monday, just to keep on track. I am not as vigilant about counting my calories as I used to be but I do try to stick to eating balanced meals. I still enjoy my sweets but just know that I have to work out to counter balance that. It is an ongoing battle, and I believe it always will be. Maintenance is not a given it is a choice, and I everyday I choose to stick to the lifestyle I have developed.
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on BOTH of your accomplishments!
    Best wishes!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!