Talk to me about starvation mode like I'm a gorilla

Options
2»

Replies

• 3mtntops
    3mtntops Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The absolute beauty of eating low carb is that it takes a lot more food volume to hit 1500 calories. I eat all the time and much more than the people consuming high sugar content,high calorie small portions of food.
    That sugar or carb will spike your cravings and the small portions will make your stomach and mind grumble.
    Eat your bacon but remember,only 25 % protein and fat and 75% low sugar high fiber vegetables.
    Do this every day and you will be full and lose weight without being hungry.
    Stick to it!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    No. I blame the years of overeating, eating garbage, and binge eating on my fatness.

I'm just looking for some more information on 'starvation mode' and whether or not it's really a thing that I have to consider as I try to rid myself of the weight.
    no, don't worry about the "starvation mode" message.
    That being said, it's hard to get what you need... from a nutritional standpoint... if you're at too much of a deficit. If you're eating under all the time, you're not doing yourself any favors long term.

I get starvation mode, almost everyday that I log my meals. I honestly am not hungry, I eat clean and try to eat everything healthy. How can I be in starvation mode while I am full? Should I eat more?
    No offense intended, but if you asking how you can be in starvation mode when you feel full, then you don't get starvation mode. :smile: It's not about how full you are or how many calories you eat. If that were true, then people who dropped below a thousand calories on a day they were sick and could not keep food down would just pop right into starvation mode.

Starvation mode happens after you've eaten a very low calorie diet for a long enough time to where you loose both muscle and fat and you've lost a certain amount of your body weight. In other words, you are emaciated.

People of normal weight, overweight, or even slightly underweight, do not go into starvation mode.

I'd be surprised if most of us here at MFP had any danger of going into starvation mode. At least, I know there is no danger for me. :bigsmile:
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    The absolute beauty of eating low carb is that it takes a lot more food volume to hit 1500 calories. I eat all the time and much more than the people consuming high sugar content,high calorie small portions of food.
    That sugar or carb will spike your cravings and the small portions will make your stomach and mind grumble.
    Eat your bacon but remember,only 25 % protein and fat and 75% low sugar high fiber vegetables.
    Do this every day and you will be full and lose weight without being hungry.
    Stick to it!
    Yeah, but what about the effects of ketosis?