Do guys find it weird if a girl......

Options
2»

Replies

• AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    not even a booty call? a friend with benefits?
    I don't think there is anything wrong with not having someone "steady" in your life, but I'd be a little curious how one could go without a little outside affection... you know, other than the B.o.B (Battery operated Boyfriend...)

as a note to this....some of us dont WANT something casual and would rather just rely on Mr.Batteries to do the job. i've got nothing against people who have friends with benefits at all, i just dont wanna do that, myself. and i know i'm not the only one.

Thor's man and I have been FWB for over 6 months now. Now we're in that awkward "Sould we take it a step further or not?" Time.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Generally guys don't think about that at all. We don't ever think about your prior relationships unless you bring it up. So if you're worried, don't mention it.

We are extremely simple.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    ...and lets be honest. If you are attractive, you can overlook A LOT! firedevil.gif
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    I don't think there is anything wrong with not having someone "steady" in your life, but I'd be a little curious how one could go without a little outside affection... you know, other than the B.o.B (Battery operated Boyfriend...)

as a note to this....some of us dont WANT something casual and would rather just rely on Mr.Batteries to do the job. i've got nothing against people who have friends with benefits at all, i just dont wanna do that, myself. and i know i'm not the only one.

Thor's man and I have been FWB for over 6 months now. Now we're in that awkward "Sould we take it a step further or not?" Time.

mmmhm and i've had friends before that have gone from FWB to more than that and also from FWB to just plain friends again. like i said, nothing against it, just not my thing. :)
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    ...and lets be honest. If you are attractive, you can overlook A LOT! firedevil.gif

Exactly, I think how long since you dated comes pretty low on most guys list of things he thinks about a woman... not only if she is good looking but if the two of you get along.
  • butterflyfaerie
    butterflyfaerie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    ...... hasn't had a boyfriend in a long time? Like, years? Is it even an issue, or do they think that "something must be wrong/weird/etc. about her?" Just looking for a general opinion here. Thanks!

I hope not! I haven't had one in about 8 years :( (And considering I'm only 22, thats way too long)
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    does it depend on what she's doing with herself? like school, or career?
    No, not really. Just the time factor itself.
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I appreciate the responses. Thank you! I never really knew what the general thought was on the matter. I haven't had one in a long time (like you didn't figure that out already, ha ha). I don't really know why. I guess between college, then working full-time, and being shy/not meeting a whole lot of people, I haven't clicked with anybody. I'm pretty comfortable being single and independent, but I would like to find someone sooner or later.

(Not into the FWB/booty-call thing, as a sidenote...... just not my cup of tea. Can't leave my emotions out of that kind of stuff. :blushing: )

Thanks again for your posts. :heart:
  • TooFine4MFP
    TooFine4MFP Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I haven't dated in over 2 yrs by choice because since becoming saved and giving my life to Christ, I promised God I would not date anyone unless it was my husband that He sends me. But even before that I was never one that had to have a boyfriend all the time. If a guy finds it strange that you haven't had a boyfriend in a while, then he's probably immature LOL. Love is a wonderful thing to have, but there is so much more to life than having a boyfriend all the time. LOL :wink:
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I was one of those girls who wore their hearts on their sleeves. I fell in love with a long time friend after we graduated and we got engaged. A few months later due to family issues (mama's boy couldn't stand up to mama about being engaged... she loved me before... despised me after the ring was on?). Anyways, I was really hurt and I did not date anyone in the following 3 years. The next guy that I dated did not find it weird at all. He said that he would rather that I not be with a steady stream of guys or with "anyone" just for the sake of being in a relationship. ..... that said... I did have my BF's brother in law in the shadows. We'd all go out and party and sometimes, if the mood struck...we'd hook up. We were great friends before, during and now so it's all cool though.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Nope not wierd

We all have reasons for everything we do
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is anything wrong with not having someone "steady" in your life, but I'd be a little curious how one could go without a little outside affection... you know, other than the B.o.B (Battery operated Boyfriend

HAHAHAHAHA! you should of warn people before taking a drink....lol! very funny:laugh:
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I've wondered this too! I have dated but not had a boyfriend in about 8 years. I can't wait to shead the rest of this weight and be the REAL me =)
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Not at all.....its probably better because a lot of people can talk about past relationships

Guys or girls don't wanna hear about that stuff.