starting with heralife shake and treadmill :)

Options
Shveta131
Shveta131 Posts: 14 Member
Hello all,

I Am 27 years old and a mother of 4 year old kid. I weigh 70 kg. goal weight is 55 kg :O

I am starting my journey of weight loss with 2 herbalife shakes daily with 3 km running on treadmill .

Wish me luck :)

Replies

• amandahowze1
    amandahowze1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey.
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Two herbalife shakes? Are you eating too?
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    You should definitely track the rest of your food too for accurate weight loss:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Shveta131
    Options

yes 2 shakes with 1 meal (indian meal)..
  • eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I actually use herbalife shakes as a means to get extra protein.. to workout... but never use it as a meal replacement... so suggest you to be careful...

I personalloy use exercise as my main weapon for weight loss... (and while i know this is going to get more then one groans from some of the MFP members and I know this isn't the best way for most people)..... however I don't count everything I eat..

what I do is stay away from most of the things I know i shouldn't eat like fruit juice, junk food, and etc.... and I just log in the big things... because i know i'm gong to work out the little things......^^ with the daily cardio... walking, riding a bike, and/or stationary bike.
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options

Are you snacking too? If your exercising you probably will find you need more energy!
  • Shveta131
    Options

Are you snacking too? If your exercising you probably will find you need more energy!

no m not snacking , actually i workout daily so i am used to it.
    now just added herbalife to my routine subtracting meal.
  • eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    If i was you... i would just keep my calorie intake to no more then 1200 and do the the 3km or more on the treadmill...

You will lose weight.... and later on... use the heralife shake to help you maintain...
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    well, this sounds sustainable.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,571 Member
    Options
    Just ask yourself this: Do the shakes teach you how to EAT a meal correctly? If not, then how are you going to substitute food for the shake when the time comes? And if you can do that, then you probably should just eat that way anyway without the extra expenditure.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Eat real food, but keep track of the calories. You'll be much happier and much more likely to maintain the weight loss. A major plus is that counting calories is free!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options

:laugh:
    +1
    If i was you... i would just keep my calorie intake to no more then 1200 and do the the 3km or more on the treadmill...

You will lose weight.... and later on... use the heralife shake to help you maintain...
    Great advice! Let's under eat and work out lots! WOOT! :drinker:
  • Shveta131
    Options
    thank you all for your replies..

I workout regularly 2 hours daily, but the problem is with my food, i don't know exact calories in it as its Indian food. So i want to go with herbalife shake for few months instead of my regular 2 meals.

just few months before i used to walk about 8 km daily on my treadmill and lost 5 kgs quick. now is really getting hard.
  • Shveta131
    Options

i exercise daily but unable to count calories intake
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Is your Indian food homemade or do you purchase it?
  • Shveta131
    Options

its homemade, i cook it
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options

its homemade, i cook it

MFP has an option to create your own meal. You input each ingredient and divide it into servings and it gives you the calorie count. It's tedious to get it in there, but soon you'll have your own little database of your own meals to choose from. Counting calories can always be done.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

no m not snacking , actually i workout daily so i am used to it.
    now just added herbalife to my routine subtracting meal.

Why? Food is actually good for you. It gives you energy so you can workout.