Pasta alternative for me

Options
So I decided to make spaghetti squash for lunch and it was pretty good! I just added a little bit of spaghetti sauce and had a piece of 45cal toast with ICBINB and garlic and made for a pretty awesome and low cal lunch! I think I'm going to leave it in the oven a little longer next time so it is a little softer when I eat it lol

Replies

• are0721
    are0721 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've never tried that...I'm always a little worried about trying squash, don't ask me why. Haha, does it actually taste like spaghetti??
  • HIzara
    HIzara Posts: 187
    Options
    Never had spaghetti squash but I love squash soup!
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Love spaghetti squash!!!
    How long did you put it in for?
    I usually pierce mine all over with a fork, then put it in the oven for 1-2 mins to soften. Then I open it up (cut in half length-wise) and place the halves inside down in a pan with about 1/4 inch of water (sometimes more, depends on how much I need to cover the bottom 1/4 of the squash). Then I put it in the oven on 350 for about 30 mins.

Then just string it all out with a fork and add sauce!
  • andreadawn1012
    andreadawn1012 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Love spaghetti squash!!!
    I usually pierce mine all over with a fork, then put it in the oven for 1-2 mins to soften. Then I open it up (cut in half length-wise) and place the halves inside down in a pan with about 1/4 inch of water (sometimes more, depends on how much I need to cover the bottom 1/4 of the squash). Then I put it in the oven on 350 for about 30 mins.

I googled it and it said to cut it in half and scoop seeds out and then lay the halves with the insides down and cook at 375 for 30-40 minutes...I even cooked it an extra 10 and it was still a little crunchy, but not bad. Maybe I should've used water.
  • andreadawn1012
    andreadawn1012 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I don't really think it has an actual taste, but with sauce it's great. I've seen other recipes where they use cheeses or different types of sauces so I'm excited to try other recipes!
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Love spaghetti squash!!!

I googled it and it said to cut it in half and scoop seeds out and then lay the halves with the insides down and cook at 375 for 30-40 minutes...I even cooked it an extra 10 and it was still a little crunchy, but not bad. Maybe I should've used water.
    I forgot to mention the part about scooping the seeds out.
    I think "steaming" it (using water at the bottom of the pan) helps a lot to keep the crunch down. It's still going to be a little crunchy. It doesn't come out as squishy as normal spaghetti.

I agree it doesn't really have a taste and that's why I like it.