Eating more definitely works - Ive finally lost a lb

Options
2»

Replies

• jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    You go girl! I am a firm believer that you need more fuel for workouts. It helped me lose the weight I have, but I played around too much with calorie goals and have been yo yoing 8 lbs. since last May. I went back to Scooby and recalculated my calories. I am also increasing my exercise to what I did in the beginning to get back to losing weight steadily again. Good luck to both of us.
  • ChristinWrites
    ChristinWrites Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Funny how that works isn't it? I was doing the 1200 suggested - and keep in mind I have a desk job and I am a very petite 5'2 person so it seemed reasonable, but I stalled out almost immediately. Jumped my calories up and voila, weight came off. I think sometimes MFP is a bit too generous with it's handing out of the 1200 suggestion ;).

Like you, I used some different calculators for BMR and TDEE and adjusted my number and like magic - weight started moving again.
  • mrsgoochy
    mrsgoochy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    After eating 1200 calories for 7 weeks as calculated by MFP I upped my calories last week after calculating my TDEE on the Scooby's workshop website. I have lost a 1lb this week. Amazed as I have been eating more and was really worried that I would put weight on, just goes to show that it works. I have started the 30 day shred workout this morning as well so hopefully with the eating more and doing the shred workout as well as my gym workouts 3 times a week I can lose more even if its half a pound a week.......feeling optimistic :smile: :smile: :smile:

*Not exactly related but I just hopped on to that Scooby website- very cool! Thanks for sharing that! *
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Nice job on the loss, but as others have stated, eating more doesn't cause you to lose weight. It may help you indirectly by providing extra energy or helping alleviate water retention but in the end it's a matter of calories in calories out.
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Guys eating more does not help lose weight. As Stef said, if you weren't losing on 1200 calories, you wouldn't be losing if you increased your intake. You probably thought you were eating 1200, but were actually eating much more.

Wrong, if you're eating under your BMR eating more does help you lose weight.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    really ladies you actually believe eating more food made you lose weight?

Might be you are being more careful with your log? choosing correct entries? being more careful with portion size? possibly even weight and/or at least measuring your food?

I just can't believe that what appears to be intelligent people actually believe this bull crap..here is a link to another one who believed it too and trust me she gained...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1224396-upped-my-calories-and-not-losing-but-gaining?hl=upped+my+calories+now+gaining+weight

*leaves thread shaking head...muttering math is math*
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Guys eating more does not help lose weight. As Stef said, if you weren't losing on 1200 calories, you wouldn't be losing if you increased your intake. You probably thought you were eating 1200, but were actually eating much more.

Wrong, if you're eating under your BMR eating more does help you lose weight.

no it doesn't..you can eat under your BMR that wont put you in starvation mode which is another load of crap

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1084912-good-starvation-mode-article
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1058378-oh-noes-i-am-eating-below-my-bmr

ETA: links