Tired on the Weekends

Options
Hi Everyone,

I have an odd situation here. I typically work out 4 times a week during the week day and then take it easy on one weekday the weekends. I also stick to more low calorie foods on the week days, but try to stay within my calories on the weekend. The thing is that I can't seem to stay awake on the weekends. I'll sleep a good 9 hours and then still take a 2-3 hour nap on Saturday and Sunday. (On the weekdays I'll get about 7 hours of great sleep and feel fine, even on my day off). I'm not sure if I'm going to hard during the work outs or need to add some to my weekends to avoid sleeping at 5 pm!

Please help!

Thanks!

Replies

• florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    IMO your body is trying to play catch up. Under eat during the week, expect pangs and binges. Over exert and expect periods of sluggishness. Two ways to generate more energy, exercise more or sleep more.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a typical lazy weekend to me. Drink coffee? Change up your routine and do something different with your workout?
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! I work out hard during the week and by the weekend, I have to drag myself around sometimes. Once I get going, I'm better but it's tough. I think my body is saying...please, take a recovery day! So I do and if I work out on one of the weekend days, I'm not pushing it so hard. More like a maintenance work out, if there is such a thing.
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. Maybe you're oversleeping? I know I get tired if I sleep more than usual. So I usually get up at the same time I would for work. Every day at 6:30 I am up, even on the weekends because my body reacts better that way.

Maybe cut an exercise day during the week and go for a really long walk on the weekend?
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    You probably won't like or take this advice, but some physical conditions manifest themselves this way, anemia being one of them. When was your last physical? Have a thorough physical to make sure nothing is wrong.

If everything checks out ok, then try sleeping an extra hour at night during the weekdays. Barring a physical problem, it sounds like you're trying to catch up for sleep lost during the week. Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "low calorie foods." Are you hitting your macros?

In the end, though, if nothing is physically wrong, just enjoy the weekend naps!! :yawn:
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    You probably won't like or take this advice, but some physical conditions manifest themselves this way, anemia being one of them. When was your last physical? Have a thorough physical to make sure nothing is wrong.
    I'm also thinking along these lines because what you describe is the way I feel when my thyroid medication is off. I have also noticed that now that I"m not taking antihistamines anymore, I have a lot more energy. These are couple of things to consider if you haven't.
    Good luck!
  • LoosingForGoodIn2014
    Options
    Thanks for all of the advice!