JM Body Revolution

Options
I am starting JM body revolution and I have no idea how to track the calories burned? Any suggestions? Also is there anyone who is doing or has completed the program? I'd love to hear your thoughts/progress with it?

Replies

• gts175
    gts175 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Just interested to hear the feedback
  • clyn27
    clyn27 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I asked how to track calories for her 30 day shred and some one told me she logs all of JM stuff as circuit training so that's what I have been doing. I haven't done body revolution yet but I have been bouncing between her 30 day shred, 6 week six pack and burn fat boost metabolism. I like her work outs. Even tho they are short (30 day shred and 6 week 6 pack is 25 mins and the other one is an hour) I feel like I have kicked some serious workout booty.
  • LittleMama2015
    LittleMama2015 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love all of her dvds. I really like her training style. The circuit training sounds like a good idea. Have you seen in progress from the other dvds?
  • clyn27
    clyn27 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I haven't done any one video I do a bunch of them I also do Zumba one day a week cuz my friend does the class and I like to give her the business. I have been eating better and working out for about a month and I have lost 10lbs, 4 inches around my butt and hips and 2 inches around my waste. I have been sleeping better at night too. I haven't bought any of her dvds I find them on youtube (Im cheap like that lol) She also has a like a 5 min butt and thigh work out I through in at the end of some of my work outs.
  • sclose14
    sclose14 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just started this dvd recently. I do think I have lost about an inch in my thighs and a little in my waist. My pants fit better. However, I have not moved from the first week yet. I am curious also if anyone is doing her meal plans on any of the dvds. I bought ripped in 30 today, thought I would give it a try but I would like to calorie count instead of her specific meal plan. I am also curious of what others think.
  • fercar3000
    fercar3000 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    guys .. look into my diary ... I use a chest HRM to track the calories burned with this program

and no I'm not following her meal plan
  • xxhieixx
    xxhieixx Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I was just about to make a JM BR topic lol. I have a HRM but won't be using it since your not supposed to eat your calories back. If you want to log it though I'd put it under circuit training.
    Is anyone doing the kickstart? I just started today and realized I'm supposed to work out twice (which isn't going to happen). If I can only work out once should I even bother? Or would it still make a difference even with 1 workout?
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Use a Heart rate Monitor
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I am starting JM body revolution and I have no idea how to track the calories burned? Any suggestions? Also is there anyone who is doing or has completed the program? I'd love to hear your thoughts/progress with it?

Use a Heart Rate Monitor
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I averaged between 200 and 250 calories per workout. Up to almost 300 on the later workouts. I did 2 rounds and when I went to heavier weights (8's, 10's, and 15's) I was burning a lot more calories. I'm 5'2" and was around 155-150 lbs the first round, and 150-145 lbs the second. I wasn't following the meal plan either.
  • SMFRN
    SMFRN Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am doing this program also. I will be starting phase 2 on Saturday. Answer to your question, I use to log all her workouts under circuit training. I have a HRM now, which I would be lost without it now.
  • bam2093
    bam2093 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I also use a HRM and burn about 200 cals for level 1 Workout 1 &2 and about 250 for Cardio 1. I haven't gotten to the rest of the levels yet though because I just started last week.
  • fercar3000
    fercar3000 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Calories burned are based on age -weight I believe and how you do your workouts ... if you stay in the burn zone up high you will be burning more calories ... there is no rule but to have a chest HRM to track your calories burned

just my opinion ... :)