• _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    The kind that doesn't run.
  • kickivale
    kickivale Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I love a sprint.
    Right now I do a 3 mile run in 30-35 minutes, about 4 times a week.
    Every once in awhile when a great song comes on shuffle, I pick up the pace for a minute til I feel winded :)
    I would love to get my distance up but I don't have the confidence yet
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Distance. I interval trained when I first started running, and I still interval train when I need to build distance and endurance.
    This is exactly me!
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm just a runner :)
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    a slow one :(
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I am a sprinter. I was a competitive sprinter growing up and all through high school. At one point I was ranked third in the state of NM in the 100 meter (though that was quite shortly lived). I am a horrible distance/endurance runner; I am a supinator so running long distances is very hard on my feet, knees, hips, etc even with proper shoes. Pretty much neutral shoes are required and some of them give a little support on the outside, but they don't really make running shoes for supinators.

I wished distance running wasn't so bothersome as it is a very convenient way to get in a workout and I enjoy the act of running itself and being in the fresh air...but too much running pretty much leaves me limping around so I've given it up for the most part save for the occasional mud run or whatever that is just for fun and I can walk pieces of it if I like.
  • jenn26point2
    jenn26point2 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Slow marathoner, although I think I prefer the half marathon distance - it's long, but not all day long. However, there's also something refreshing about a quick 4 mile run too. So, I'm all over the map - just depends on the day, but I tend to lean toward the lazy short run (3-8 miles).
  • SPeffer1
    SPeffer1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm a distance runner (or was before surgery and will be again here soon).

In high school I did the 800, mile and 2 mile. I also did cross country.

I love running half marathons, and I'm trying my first full this year (I hope).

I do very much enjoy running a (for me) fast 5K too.
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    does SLOW count as a type? :) I will be running my first half marathon this weekend. I am by absolutely no means a sprinter, and uh... will probably never run less than a 9 minute mile. But.... I run :)
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    a slow one!
  • bmgriffis1
    Options
    The kind that can't but wish she could! I have been doing the C25K and I am on week 7, feeling like I need back it up or just start all over. I have been successful so far but feel like I am not ready for running as long as it tells me to, may just not be cut out for it
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Rarely do much short stuff, though did do some intervals (ish) the other night.
    Previously longest was 11 miles, but did a 32 mile trail-ultra a week ago - ticked off a load of 'to do' boxes with that :).
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I run.

I support others who run; fast, slow, whatever. If you are out on the road/trails/path, and I'm there, I'll smile, say Hi/Wave and enjoy that small moment in time of knowing that we are all part of this bigger thing.
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Big and slow.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Distance for sure. I would definitely be the one in the group you had to outrun to survive the bear attack LOL. Sprinting is NOT my thing.
  • HikerRR50
    HikerRR50 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    same as a sloth
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    The type that still huffs and puffs during her first week of C25k.
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I've only began recently but I tend to stay at the same medium pace and increase my distance but currently I'm doing 20-30 min runs
  • trizzletrix
    trizzletrix Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm a slow runner.
    But I'm doing it anyway!
    :wink:

+1

Training for a 10k for Cancer Research in June :)
  • jkowula
    jkowula Posts: 447
    Options
    I am pretty quick for a fat guy.. when the police are in pursuit!