Help me pick a healthy lunch option!

Options
I'm going out to lunch tomorrow with a coworker. We'll be going to Mellow Mushroom (http://mellowmushroom.com/store/columbia/menu/14/pizza)

I've already taken out my planned lunch and afternoon snack to make room. I was thinking I could do the small Enlightened Spinach Salad (Fresh spinach topped with dried cherries, apples, homemade candied pecans and feta cheese). According to MFP, that's only about 230 calories. However, it has more fat in it than I planned on eating for lunch, so I'd like to find a low fat option for dressing.

The thing is, I'm not even a fan of salads. I'd love to eat it without dressing, but I doubt I'd get it down. Which of these dressings would be best with this particular salad?

Lite Ranch
Balsamic Vinaigrette

I like Ranch, but I'm not sure it'll go well with these particular ingredients, but will the other one? I've never had balsamic vinaigrette before.

Replies

• moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I would ask for oil and vinegar instead
  • Accountess
    Accountess Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I would also make sure the dressing is on the side so you can control the portion.
  • Chickee8586
    Chickee8586 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    What about the Portobello mushroom on the munchies menu? Leave the feta cheese on, but ask them to not put on mozzarella cheese.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I don't eat mushrooms.

What's better about oil and vinegar vs. Balsamic vinegarette?

I'll ask for the dressing on the side for sure.
  • heavenridge
    heavenridge Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Oil & vinegar, balsamic, lite ranch...it's all pretty disgusting to me. The only dressings I really like are Italian and ceasar. It's weird to order ceasar on any old salad but I like it. Oh yeah greek is good too...I'm sure balsamic has the lowest fat content though.

Holy crap I forgot about blue cheese dressing. Once you get a taste for it it's amazing. Fattiest though. lol
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I'm going for the regular caesar salad with shrimp. A bigger salad for only a few more calories and fat grams but less sugar and more protein. I always heard caesar salads are super unhealthy, but not according to the nutritional facts.

I'v'e never had this type of salad before, so hopefully I enjoy it.