Healthy High Protein food choices

Options
I'm fairly new to this and been doing some research. Having worked out my TDEE 1700 per day and my lean body mass 117lbs

I've read I need to be aiming to eat 117g of protein a day based on my lean body mass.

I'm looking for ideas on how I can acheive this.

Can you please share how you achieve high protein healthy options.

Thanks

Replies

• moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Salmon and chicken are my go-to proteins. You can also do shakes if you would like.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Eggs are my go-to
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    eggs, chicken, fish/seafood (usually salmon or mahi mahi), beef, pork, beans and other legumes, greek yogurt, whey
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Define "Healthy"

My go to sources are chicken breasts, chicken thighs, top sirloin steak, tri-tip, sharp cheddar cheese, parmigiano reggiano cheese on my pasta, milk, etc
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt with flavored whey protein added in. Quest bars. Egg whites. Swiss cheese. Friendship 1% cottage cheese (16g protein per half cup). Fish (pescatarian).
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    There's a list here with portion sizes, grams of protein etc.:

http://www.mensfitness.com/training/pro-tips/top-protein-foods
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Greens and beans.
  • makeoverpm
    makeoverpm Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies.

In answer to the question about what is healthy,( great question by the way!!!!) for me I would define healthy as near to nature as possible , ie. not relying too heavily on protein shakes, I know many people on here seem to have good success with them. I just would prefer 'real' food.