Today I learned that I weigh nearly 400lb

Options

Replies

• gobraves47
    gobraves47 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You can totally do this! My scale only went to 330, so I have no idea what my max was. It was a great feeling when my weight finally registered. You'll get that feeling every time you hit a big milestone. Good Luck!
  • jasoncbackus
    jasoncbackus Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I started out close to 400lbs, although I don't now exactly where I was because I didn't own a scale until about a month and a half after I started losing weight. Feel free to add me!
  • larsanna
    larsanna Posts: 7
    Options
    I think your story is very motivational. I appreciate your honesty! I have struggled with my diet FOREVER! I can relate to where you are coming from. I find it hard to find snacks that taste good and that are good for me. Recently I have been trying no sugar added fruit cups and low fat cottage cheese. I also like yogurt. One reason I really like this community is for recipe ideas!
  • Cynner2007
    Cynner2007 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Well done you! You were over 400lbs, you are not now! Everything in baby steps..perhaps take your weight loss in 10lbs chunks. You are on your way to success, how very exciting :)
  • Pusarah
    Pusarah Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone who says the right state of mind is a huge thing to have and will hopefully result in great success :) I am in the same boat, tho a little lighter and can't wait to be a success story.
    Congrats on your success so far and I hope you keep going! You are on the right track to a healthier you.
  • pissedlizzy
    Options
    Way to go :).
    I haven't been able to get myself to take photos. I just can't do it. But I really like the measurement function of MFP. The scale and I are not always in agreement about my progress, but the tape measure is usually there to reassure or kick me in the butt. Good luck and lots of energy to you!m
  • elbaldwin0525
    elbaldwin0525 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    this time 5 years ago...I was right there with you man.I was over 400lbs actually and seeing that really made me change my weighs. I lost 75lbs in about 4 and 1/2 months. Just keep the momentum going now
  • HighGlossSauce
    HighGlossSauce Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Exciting! Eventually your tastes will change and you won't want all the crap. Good luck!
  • caNwa
    caNwa Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain and rejoice in your motivation! I am in pretty much the same boat. What really pisses me off is that I was doing so well here. I had lost 35 lbs.. and then I don't know what happened. I lost my mojo, I guess. I am just disgusted with myself! I have hated having to change my weight UP after seeing my ticker go down before. :( I started a new medication about 4 months ago that I feel has sabotaged my progress..not that alone..believe me.. I admit my shortcomings... and know I haven't been eating right (like I was when I was losing.) I have spoken to my doctor and she doesn't think the meds can be doing it plus it's something that I sort of need. ARG! I am so dang mad at myself. I told a friend today.. "it would be easier to tell you what DOESN'T HURT than to tell you what does." You would think that would be motivation enough. So, I am starting yet again. Heavy sigh.
  • Thatsmywrapgirl
    Options
    That's so exciting!! Congratulations!! It's inspiring!
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    First congrats on your weight loss :)

It sounds like you have a solid plan!! You are 100% on the right track. One thing at a time helps you be successful and lessens the stress of this journey.

Be sure to take pics of your before - during - after. They are such a HUGE motivator down the road. Those can pick you up when you have had a bad week (which we ALL have) - Such a silly thing however so important.

I wish you the best of luck :smile:
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    You came to the right place. Check out all the different message boards. You can so do this. Add me if you want. See you slimmer. Best to you..
  • pmpmaloney
    pmpmaloney Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good work fella! A very brave and honest post. Best of luck...

Patrick.
  • coffencr
    coffencr Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Read your post good for you ! Welcome to the journey of changing your life.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    You should take pictures! You'll want to be able to look back and see how far you've come on bad days! On days I feel like I'm heavier than usual ill look back at where I started. Good luck I know you're feeling I started around 300 pounds and I'm just starting to calorie count but I've made it to around the 270s just watching what I eat and moving a little more

Please listen to this advice! I was too embarrassed to take a before picture but now I regret it. Oh, and good luck with the weight loss! We're rootin' for you.
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    It might sound silly, but tell each number on the scale goodbye after each loss. After each loss of about 10 pounds, I would say goodbye (I.e. to 200 pounds) and would promise myself I would never see that number on the scale again. It's worked wonders and I have kept it off. Good luck! :drinker:
  • freckledjezebel
    freckledjezebel Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You're amazing, you can do this. Keep it up! I didn't start with quite the same numbers as you but am also finding success in small changes. Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • Alsvic
    Alsvic Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Rock on celebrate you worked hard to get there. That's one thing I Know every one here knows how hard you worked.
  • sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    You can do this. You're off to a good start. Celebrate those victories as they come along.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Good for you. It's a mind game in many ways.Taking the 1st step,as you have.....is a huge beginning. Don't try to make all the changes in a day. Use MFP to ask questions,find tips & encouragement. Let us know how you are doing,we care.