Aches and pains from working out

Options
I really enjoy working out, and I look forward to it every day...I love the energy it gives me and the overall feeling I get from doing it and I find it is a wonderful stress reliever...however; I don't know how much more my knees can take! My knees have been so sore from working out every day... between the squats and lunges it's killing my knees...does anyone have this problem and what can I do without being medicated to relieve this and still continue circuit training...any help would be appreciated...thanks!

Replies

• 103reasons
    103reasons Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I wear Mueller Patella Bands on both knees. I've worn them while running for the last 2 years and only get knee pain when I forget them. Maybe some sort of stabilizer or knee brace would help you? Or maybe alternate the squat/lunge days with other weight training or cardio? Best of luck!!
  • bettyjoburdett
    bettyjoburdett Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    me
  • Mandylynne1979
    Mandylynne1979 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    thanks that's helpful! :)
  • gonefishin1282
    gonefishin1282 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I use the same patella bands and they do wonders.....they truly are a huge help in preventing knee pains when heavy lifting or jogging
  • bettyjoburdett
    bettyjoburdett Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    gifs.eu/love-uk-be-mine/0009.gif" alt="" class="user_inserted_image"/>
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Are you doing squats and/or lunges every day? If so, that may be part of the problem. Your body needs time to repair itself and adapt after weight workouts. Try waiting 48 hours between lower body workouts and see if it helps!
  • Mandylynne1979
    Options
    thanks annie I will try I just love doing the 30 day shred and they do a lot of squats and lunges...I do walk a lot though I can probably just walk extra on days I don't do the workouts.
  • Mandylynne1979
    Options
    thanks I will look into getting those knee bands!
  • bcmom_1980
    Options
    Are you following Anita? Lol. I love Jillian, I've lost 40 lbs with MFP and JM DVDs. I have bad knees and hips in my family, so I had to really decrease my range of motion and just do half squats and lunges, and work on having correct form. As I got stronger I've been able to increase my range of motion. I can't keep up with Shaun T on T25 or Insanity for more than 4 days, as it's too hard on my joints, but I haven't had any issues with Jillian. Good luck!
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    What kind of footwear are you wearing for your workouts ? You should be wearing a cross trainers and not running shoes.
    If i do lunges, squats in my running shoes my knees start to click :) lol