Morning vs. Evening Workouts

Options
Hello all! I started my weight loss journey early December and have been having success so far. I am doing the Focus T25 program with Shaun T and I am absolutely obsessed with it!! :happy: I usually workout in the evening because I am not really a morning person but I have noticed that I have been having trouble sleeping (falling asleep, staying asleep), and they only thing that has changed since I started having this problem is that I started working out. I was thinking of switching my workouts from evening to first thing in the morning. My question is, what are the pros and cons of working out in the morning. I haven't been able to find any clear answers anywhere so I do not know what to do!! Please help!! :sad:

Replies

• gonesewing
    gonesewing Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I only work out in the morning. I have a young family and nights are taken with their activities. I was up at 5:35am to do my daily work out :). Works for me, I really enjoy it. It is nice to have the workout over and done with and I know it won't get skipped because something has popped up later in the day. And getting up early takes care of the not being able to sleep at night issue :).
  • kj26boys
    kj26boys Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I too only work out in the morning. I usually get up about 4:45-5 am and go to the Y. I think for me the sole reason it works is because it's done & over with. I seriously do enjoy it and miss it if I don't go. I also tend to make better food decisions because I don't want to "undo" the exercise I did. But for each person it's different. I still do walk and swim occasionally at night.
  • Leena1119
    Leena1119 Posts: 10
    Options
    I wish I could work out in the morning... i workout right after work ..