IV fluid water weight

Options
2»

Replies

• SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Im not encouraging her to do anything, i merely made a statement. She is in the health field anyway so im sure she's already aware of her rights.
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    You have to take the medicine and not worry about a side effect of water retention. You have to take care of the immediate sickness that you are getting I.V. fluid for, and follow that. Once you get that taken care of you can concentrate on the water weight. I'm sorry sometimes treatments that you need and there is no wiggle room, have side effects but dont worry - just get better and then under the doctors care, find out the next step. Dont just stop treatment on your own because you are worrying about not losing weight. you have the rest of your life to do that.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it.
    Follow your doctor's advice, and focus on getting better.

I had two saline bags during one ER trip (got dehydrated from an infection in my lymph nodes that swelled my throat shut), and I was hooked and unhooked more times than I can count from my IV from how many bathroom trips I took. I think I got at least 32-64ounces of fluid. I had no issues with weight gain from it, and the fluids helped me out tremendously.

Worry about getting better now, focusing on your recovery, and then getting back into the swing of things once you're better!