What are some rewards you have set for yourself?

Options
Karissa_Clohan
Karissa_Clohan Posts: 126 Member
I was modifying xSirensSong's cute little "about me" RPG-typed thing (seriously, check it out!), and realized... I really just want to feel healthy! And to eat an entire tub of cookie dough ice cream... but that's how I got here in the first place. :p

So - what are some rewards YOU have set for yourself when you reach your goals?

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go completely bald. No hair whatsoever on my body. Then tattooed like a lizard. Unsure if blue or green yet.
  • Yourkindagirl
    Yourkindagirl Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    When I lose 25 pounds, I get to get my hair cut in a short, sassy style and get highlights!
  • michybeans
    michybeans Posts: 106
    Options
    I break mine down into mini goals to motivate myself. So before when my goal was pounds, for every 5 pounds I would buy myself something I really wanted - a new video game, a new outfit, some shoes, whatever I happened to want at the time, and I wouldn't buy it unless I reached my goal. :) Now my weight loss has slowed waaayyy down and I am focusing more on fitness and muscle right now and paying less attention to the scale. So, I still buy stuff for myself but I set it on other things like if my body fat decreases, or if I was able to lift heavier and advance, do 50 pushups in a row, etc etc.

Everyone's rewards will be different of course but for me I love to shop so this really motivated me. :)
  • whynot5
    whynot5 Posts: 266
    Options
    Totally interested in this... been wondering about setting some for myself!
  • rollng_thundr
    rollng_thundr Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    We are having a weight-loss challenge that started Jan. 1 here at work. It's a WTA/1 weigh-in, and if I win, $500. Ends in April.
  • katiewilsonxo
    katiewilsonxo Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have a goal of 35-40lbs lost overall and when I started my weight loss journey, I ordered an asian large size bathing suit and now that I only have 9-14lbs left it fits (pretty sure it would have ripped if I tried to put it on 26lbs ago) but I have some serious muffin top action going on... happy that I got it in the mail now where looking good in it seems like a reachable goal rather than at the beginning it may have seemed impossible! Pics in profile of the current fit if you're interested :) But my reward will be looking smoking in that swim suit!!!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    black velvet stevie nicks style kimono thing and red vegan docs

i could get both now but ill just wait until ultimate goal maybe
  • Karissa_Clohan
    Options
    I set mini-goal for myself as well! At the moment, all I can think of are cosmetic rewards... because I am vain. My smaller goals are broken down into weight loss (10 pound increments) AND fitness (currently decreasing my BMI to a healthier level).

My weight loss goals tend to be the ones I have a harder time rewarding myself for - but I am looking forward to hitting this next goal! I get a new piercing!

My fitness goals are fulfilling in and of themselves, especially when I see off-the-scale victories!
  • disneygirl626
    disneygirl626 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have a few different things set up with my husband. Every five pounds I lose earns me a cute new hair bow (to be paid at the end), when I hit ONEderland I get a Coach purse, and when I hit goal I wanted the Haunted Mansion print Dooney and Burke purse. It was a super limited release but my husband has been stalking all the sites to see if there will be another release. If that isn't an option I'll pick something else.

I'm the one who insisted on these rewards though because otherwise my husband would just buy me all these things for no reason and I would just be too spoiled lol. I noticed a few people said that losing the weight is the reward and I do think that is true but it doesn't mean I can't have more rewards lol.
  • vfuentes20
    Options
    I have set my goals into small increments. I want to lose at least 8 pounds a month. Every goal I reach I will buy myself a new piece of workout gear or something to keep me motivated to losing weight. The reason I want to reward myself with workout and health stuff is to remind myself that if I keep working out and eating healthier, I can reach my goals.
  • Karissa_Clohan
    Options
    Ohhh, I love the idea of motivational clothing! I considered ordering a formfitting dress in the size I ultimately want to be, but I'm afraid that my bone structure/fat distribution/muscle mass may prohibit me from being able to wear the size I'd like. I've been overweight for a good portion of my life now, I'm not sure how thin I can actually get!
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I got a new coach purse and a bunch of new clothes for 50 pounds (don't technically earn it until about 10 more pounds though)
    At 100 pounds lost I get a new wardrobe and we are going back to St Croix.
    Then somewhere around this time next year I am going to get a breast augmentation. But no set weight to get that... Just when I lose so much I get back into a training bra size...
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    My reward for myself will be getting tattoo #9.
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    New clothes when I reach goal, jeans that actually fit my *kitten* in particular. :drinker:
  • Karissa_Clohan
    Options
    Then somewhere around this time next year I am going to get a breast augmentation. But no set weight to get that... Just when I lose so much I get back into a training bra size...

Getting a breast augmentation is something I'd definitely like as a "ultimate goal" reward, but my husband is being a stinker about it.

Oh! Another goal I have - once my BMI reaches a safe, healthy level, then we're going to start TTC prep. I'm freaking ecstatic over that one!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    There is no end-goal. And the journey is the reward. When you get there, you'll find that that is the reward.

Absolutely this. My motivation is intrinsic. I don't need any external rewards and I really don't even think about them. I just love my healthy lifestyle and how good it makes me feel. Personal satisfaction is the only reward I need. :drinker:

(But I'm cool with the concept of goals and rewards for people who work better that way! :flowerforyou: Pick rewards that complement your goals and always keep making new goals to keep yourself focused on the future! Good luck!)
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options

Getting a breast augmentation is something I'd definitely like as a "ultimate goal" reward, but my husband is being a stinker about it.

Oh! Another goal I have - once my BMI reaches a safe, healthy level, then we're going to start TTC prep. I'm freaking ecstatic over that one!

Thankfully mine is on board with it. Last time I lost to 189 pounds and an A cup bra was way too big for me.... I don't have a number really in mind for my "end goal" but I'm thinking it will be around 160ish.. So I expect it will be much worse..

And congratulations! That IS exciting! :)

My husband and I were just having that conversation tonight. I feel we should wait until I reach a healthier weight in hope that we won't keep having multiple miscarriages. But he doesn't want to wait...
  • Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm still deciding but I think I'll get a new haircut at goal weight. When I hit my goal weight, maintain it, and continue to exercise regularly - then I'm getting a tattoo. I'm gonna plan that for spring/summer 2015. Thinking about something similar to this. http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/84/9c/04/849c045f79a04d188c0de4cc94459bf7.jpg
  • dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    My reward for breaking 250 was finally taking a comped helicopter ride wihtout having to worry about the "fat surcharge". I got lucky... not only did I get that, but the same week was our company zip-line party and I didn't have to make an excuse not to attend.