Heart Rate Monitor ...

Options
Hi guys,

So, my HRM sender has given up the ghost completely, so I am looking at getting a new one. Being a bit of a geek, I've been looking at some bluetooth ones, but obviously that would mean I need to have my ipad/iphone with me when I hit the gym. I'm not looking at spending a small fortune on anything (mostly because I am paying for a wedding at the moment!), but wondered if:

a) Does anyone have any experience with bluetooth HRMs, and/or
b) Does anyone have a recommendation on a reasonable price, basic HRM I can get.

Any (helpful) advice appreciated :)

Replies

• sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I swear by Polar... I currently use the RS100, but will likely go with the FT4 next time because it's newer, cheaper, and seems to have more functions.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Polar FT4!!!
  • wub726
    wub726 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F7 that I love. You can upload the data to the Polar website if you get the Flowlink. Simple and the F7 is around $130 and I think the Flowlink is around $40
  • meglizbo
    meglizbo Posts: 42
    Options
    I'm a broke college student so I got a Jarv HRM from amazon. Even though it was only $40, mine works fabulously, is comfortable, connects to my phone and there are several apps for it that connect to MFP.
  • wub726
    wub726 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My only issue with the Polar F7 is the belt. Sometimes it stops picking up the heart rate. I'm buying a new battery to see if that fixes it but it seems erratic lately.
  • ewennmacher
    Options
    i have the polar ft4. i just got an app on my phone called MapMyWalk and it has a calorie counter that is always within just a few calories of my HRM. and it was free. it also tracks your miles, your pace, and your routes you walk/jog. if youre a runner/walker this would be a great app!
  • adipace815
    adipace815 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar H7 chest band and I am very happy with it. I use mine in conjunction with the Polar Loop pedometer, but you don't have to have both. You can pair it to your phone and use one of the Polar apps to see your results.