How to do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• jobbybumlicker
    Options
    I have weight watcher scales, always position them in the same square in my bathroom, and always do it between 11am and noon.

For some reason historically I am normally at my lightest at that point.
  • 1daylate1dollarshort
    Options
    I go to the scale once a week. Weigh myself first thing in the morning, usually on Mondays. Guess I'm lazy because I only take off pants lol. I'm not a morning person. I have to wait until my night vision goes away to read the scale.

I'm a woman so I skip weighing myself one week a month :/ Don't need water weight and bloating to discourage me.

I also have to move my scale around on the floor or use my dumbbells to make sure it's accurate because there's not a spot of even flooring in this house, it seems.
  • llbennett74
    llbennett74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning after I pee either in my underwear or naked.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    i dont own a scale, so i head over to my mom's once a month and check things out on hers.
  • adipace815
    adipace815 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, after the shower, without clothing... It takes out all of the variables. I like knowing the daily results even if it fluctuates.
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning after potty with PJs and record once a week.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself daily. Now I just weigh once in a while, and it's naked, first thing in the am.
  • EreborsPrincess
    Options
    I wake up, go pee, take off my pjs & weigh myself. If it is down, I record it. I don't care if it down just for 30 seconds. I saw it and own it :)

^^This!!
  • robmac13h
    robmac13h Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself on a saturday morninng in my local pharmacy so i find it best to keep my clothes on
  • Alicia12891
    Options
    I weigh myself with no clothes on. Its winter and I tend to add a lot of layers to my ensemble. I figure, why let that change my numbers, and make me feel further from my goals than I actually am.

I also found an amazing scale on livingsocial.com, in their shop section.
    I was able to get it for under $25, and it measures my water, fat, muscle, and bone mass. That way I know where my weight gain is coming from if there is any. A lot of times people gain muscle through exercise, and mistake that weight gain for a gain in fat. This is especially common if your doing any kind of weight training.

Hope this helps!
  • MissKim78
    MissKim78 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I was once told by a dietician that our weight is most accurate first thing in the morning after peeing. So that is when I weigh myself, after going to the washroom and stripping down to nothing (I found clothes can weight from a half pound to a full pound so I strip!).

I've weighed myself later in the day our of curiosity and it was always up from the morning weight. Our weight naturally fluctuates during the day so I was told it is impossible to get an accurate weight during the day.

I try to do it only once a week but will admit I do it almost every day. LOL
  • FatGirlSad
    Options
    naked. after showering and toilet time.
  • ImpishVanity
    ImpishVanity Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning, naked after using the toilet. I use a fitbit aria scale so it automatically uploads to MFP
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning after I go potty and every night before bed. The night time weight is usually 1-2 pounds heavier than the morning weight. I record the morning weight only if it holds true for at least 2 days. My weight normally fluctuates so I like to keep a two day buffer of weight loss before I record it or I will get discouraged the next day when it's back up.
  • MissKim78
    MissKim78 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I wake up, go pee, take off my pjs & weigh myself. If it is down, I record it. I don't care if it down just for 30 seconds. I saw it and own it :)

Same here. I also weigh myself during the day mostly out of curiosity. Amazing I went from 173 to 177 to 173 throughout the day yesterday.

I weigh myself every day though. I do this for a few reasons.

1. I can see if I am still in caloric deficit (if my weight starts going up and up then I know I am eating too much)
    2. I can make sure I am not losing too much weight too fast.
    3. Motivation!!!!!!!!!!! Not only to stay the course but to make my weight loss goals.

Ummm....I'm not a scientist or anything but I highly doubt your calories are turning to fat that fast! I believe the numbers go up due to water retention.
    You also wouldn't lose pounds that fast....except possibly from water weight.
    Your weight will naturally go up during the day....I hope you aren't cutting back on calories because of this!
    Weigh in the morning and go by that number. Feel free to weigh throughout the day but don't base what you eat on those numbers!
  • allysteven880
    Options
    I weigh weekly and workout as per the requirement.
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Once per week, naked first thing in the morning after I pee. I record it whether it is up or down. Because I am pretty OCD about logging I have a really good feel whether an up is water weight or if I really ate a surplus to put on fat.
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    At the gym, no shoes.
  • Chrisiswinning
    Chrisiswinning Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    First thing. Pee. Strip, Weigh and record if down. Ignore and harumph if not.
  • _NAUTILUS_
    _NAUTILUS_ Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Get naked, smack my butt to see if it still feels jiggly, tap the on button with my big toe and wait for the screen to switch from
    to 0.0lb , step up, look to the heavens silently whispering "please please please", look down, shake my head either up and down or left to right, step off, get dressed, go running.