I DID IT!!! 50 lbs lost, reached my goal!

Replies

• msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    You look amazing! Great job! What's your secret?
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Outstanding! You look incredible!

OMGosh... if your profile pic doesn't match your response exactly :) LOL Love it :)
  • cshulga
    cshulga Posts: 17
    Congrats! Huge accomplishment!

Also, you look like Rachael Leigh Cook! Horray, she's gorg'

rachael-leigh-06200912.jpg

:drinker:
  • theBeesKnees35
    theBeesKnees35 Posts: 17 Member
    way to go!! you look fantastic!!
  • Nialuv24
    Nialuv24 Posts: 17 Member
    Yay! You look great :). That peachy coral is a nice color on you:)
  • nielsonfam
    nielsonfam Posts: 138 Member
    WOW....you look AMAZING....YAY for you!
  • imjolly
    imjolly Posts: 176 Member
    CONGRATULATIONS!! You look absolutely amazing!!
  • Well done! You look brilliant.
  • ehensarling17
    ehensarling17 Posts: 95 Member
    WOW! I'm blown away by all of your kind words! Where to even start....

Several people have asked my stats and how long it took --

I'm 32 and 5'4". SW was 180.4 and my original GW was always 130.4 (back to what I weighed when I got married 7 years ago). Now that I have reached my original GW, I'm planning to lose 5-10 more but I'll take it in 5 lb increments. Either way, I'm really happy with where I am now and feel comfortable in my own skin again! My before picture was one that my brother had posted on FB after a family reunion and I was horrified - that wasn't how I saw myself in the mirror at all. Last night, I thanked him for posting that picture. ;)

How long did it take me? The short answer is that it took me 2.5 years - much longer than I ever anticipated it would take. I did have a tibial stress fracture mid last year and was in a boot for two months and pretty much fell off the wagon for a few months. I gained 15 lbs back over that summer so then I had to re-lose that.

How did I do it? I started by limiting my calories. It was incredibly eye-opening to discover how much I had been over-eating. I had a very distinct "Well... no wonder you gained so much weight!" moment. I bought a kitchen scale and use it consistently. That's probably one of the best things I've done along the way. Typically, each night before I go to bed, I plan what I will eat the next day and put it in my diary. I leave a buffer of calories unallotted. Then, when the day rolls around, I pretty much stick to it and am not making decisions just on a whim or based on what I WANT to eat as opposed to what I SHOULD eat.

How many calories do/did I eat? I tried 1200 calories and quickly discovered that was going to make me go bonkers. So, I upped it to 1400-1450 and still lost so I stayed there for a while. Eventually, I plateaued so I tried upping my calories to 1600. My motto is everything in moderation - I'll still eat some chocolate and I won't completely deprive myself of things I enjoy. I try to limit my processed foods, eat more whole foods and lean protein. If I eat it, I log it.

What's my exercise regimen like? My favorite thing to do is run. I started with a 5k and it felt like torture. But I kept at it and I've since done several 5ks, some 10ks and 8 half-marathons. I'm currently training for the spring races and then, ultimately, for a full marathon in the fall (Woohoo!!! Something I can mark off of my bucket list!). I work in the bike and elliptical as well. I've done some of the 30-Day challenges I've seen on Pinterest. Typically, I work out 3-6 days a week.

There you have it!! Thanks again, guys!! :)
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    CONGRATULATIONS. YOu look amazing!

Have the same goal.. hoping to reach soon!
  • docdrd
    docdrd Posts: 174 Member
    Truly fantastic work!! And way to keep after it for a long time and not get discouraged. Too many people start and then have the stress fracture and give up. So impressed that you bounced back and then got it done!!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    You look fantastic!!! Job very well done.
  • askcupid117
    askcupid117 Posts: 126 Member
    Amazing!! You are so inspiring!!
  • loserlee123
    loserlee123 Posts: 109 Member
    You look incredible congrats to you and thanks for sharing your story!
  • sansa_stark
    sansa_stark Posts: 13 Member
    Congratulations!!
  • rosebud233
    rosebud233 Posts: 25 Member
    Congrats! You should be proud of yourself!
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,123 Member
    That is amazing... you look great! Congrats!!
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Wow! Congrats, you look fantastic.
  • time4kim2014
    time4kim2014 Posts: 85 Member
    Congratulations, you look fantastic!
  • Peechiz12
    Peechiz12 Posts: 77 Member
    EXCELLENT!!!!! YOU LOOK FAB-U-LOUS!!!!!!!! : - ) CONGRATS
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Congrats, you look great! 50 pounds is my goal too - only 8 pounds away!
  • Wow, truly amazing! Congratulations!
  • Siy4
    Siy4 Posts: 47
    OMG..!!!!! So So Contracts n Soo inspiring....You Look so different, young, energetic..n above all HAPPY..!!!!!!!!!!!
  • meyerliz
    meyerliz Posts: 44 Member
    Great job-you look fabulous-and so happy.:flowerforyou:
  • bciloveme2014
    bciloveme2014 Posts: 213 Member
    Congratulations!
  • nmncare
    nmncare Posts: 168 Member
    You look fantastic!!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    you are so adorable! love the glasses :)
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    You look GREAT! Congrats on making your goal! You are an inspiration!
  • trpeppin
    trpeppin Posts: 16 Member
    WAY TO GO!!!! You look so happy
  • jkwpdx
    jkwpdx Posts: 29 Member
    Congratulations for reaching your goal, you look amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!