Tell me about you NSVs...

Options
As we all walk, jog or run down this road called weight loss, it’s easy to become disillusioned, deflated and de-motivated.
I know first hand how sometimes the feeling come and go quicker than a drop in fuel prices but at other times the feelings linger far longer than they should and they eat away at you with devastating consequences (personally for me, it was giving up and putting more back on than I had originally lost).

So this is what I propose, everyone write below their None Scale Victories.
Write them, read them, be proud at how far you have come and smile because lets face it, sometimes those victories that happen off the scale (no matter how little and seemingly insignificant) are far more effective at creating smiles and good feelings than numbers on a scale.

I will tell you mine if you tell me yours and lets create some smiles, good feelings and pride for what we are doing…

1.I have had to remove a link from my watch to make the strap smaller because it was getting on my nerves flapping around.

2.I have had to buy some plastic ring adjusters so that my ring once super snug ring stays on my finger.

3.My partner snuggling up on the sofa and telling me “your arms are tighter, they are not as wobbly”. His words not mine!!

4.Washing my size 16 jeans and finding that they are still loose and putting on my size 14s and being able to do them up. I can’t
breathe or move in them but I got them on.

5.Walking 3.4 mile in an hour down country lanes.

6.Being able to do the buttons on my coat up, even the stupid inside ones without looking like I am trying to escape from a straight jacket.

So there you have it, 86 days in and there are my smiles... now what are yours... 

Replies

• chezmik
    chezmik Posts: 1
    Options
    1. Getting into a jacket I have not worn since 1997.

2. The hand-me- down size 18 jeans my daughter Cheryl gave me are now too big, and so I'm waiting for her to give me her size 16.

3. My boobs don't pop over the top of my bra.

4. I don't have to sleep permanently on my back....so I snore less.

5. I can walk up the hill without my heart jumping out of my chest.

6. The slimmer I become, the longer I will be able to participate in this outdoor life I have chosen.

7. Although my husband has always told me, it was very nice when a male friend told me the other day, I looked beautiful.
  • Chrisiswinning
    Chrisiswinning Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    1. Riding faster on my bike. The pain is the same but the times tumble

2. Seeing my triangle shape coming back

3. Someone stopping me yesterday and saying, "Wow, you look fabulous, what's your secret?"

4. Climbing into and out of trousers without undoing the waist at all! Trousers that I could barely get done up a few months ago!

5. Feeling uncomfortable leaning against the wall and realising it's my spine.

6. Similar to above, feeling worrying lumps in my chest and realising it's pure muscle.

7. Being able to try shoes on in a shoe shop by sitting on the little chair and reaching the laces with ease.

8. Being able to sit cross legged on the floor

There are more ... !
  • sylkates
    sylkates Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Being able to sprint/run to the bus in the morning when I see it is almost at my stop, and not feeling like I am going to faint afterwards. Oh and not having to wait for the next one 10 minutes afterwards!
  • colibri23
    colibri23 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    1. Taking my bicycle out for a spin after 5 months of winter and realizing how much easier biking is now that I weigh less and am stronger! Looking forward to this bike season so much!

2. Feeling lighter on my feet during the day; finding myself wanting to walk/dance/move more just for the joy of it.

3. Fitting comfortably into a size 12 jeans (and needing to go one notch smaller on my belt today).

4. Feeling in control of my stress/emotional eating!! This one is huge for me.

5. Going from forcing myself to exercise to looking forward to working out most days because I enjoy feeling my body get stronger.
  • flamedic
    flamedic Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Some victories I achieved at my training session this morning:

1. 100 simple crunches are no longer a struggle (1 month ago I struggled with getting through 50). So modifying the crunches so there's some degree of difficulty to them.

2. Lasting 15 seconds longer during the reps. Gone from 30 seconds, 45, 60, etc.. reps have also increased in difficulty.

3. Clothes are starting to get baggy.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    1. I can do real push-ups again.

2. I can wear my wedding rings - last time I could was over 2 years ago (pregnancy complications).

3. Almost dropped to the next pant size, have to wear a belt to keep my current size from being very inappropriate.

4. Dropped enough inches in the bust that I have more than one bra that fits.

Not-so-cool NSV:

5. Damn hip bones. Forgot they were there and keep banging them into things.
  • klyn7788
    klyn7788 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    As of yesterday, I am officially out of my (cheap) fat suit! I was able to wear a fancy custom (and expensive) suit that hasn't fit in about a year to a meeting yesterday ... although not quite as well as I did before.
  • jennifer_a00
    jennifer_a00 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I dropped two pants sizes!
  • smc0170
    smc0170 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    1) My fingers have gotten too small and my wedding ring doesn't fit anymore. Going without for a while until I get closer to my target weight.

2) I took my son to the park yesterday, and played on all of the equipment with him. Running, jumping and climbing around after him. Just a few months ago, I wouldn't have been able to keep up, and the trip would've been short. But him and I had a blast.

3) My dress pants now look like MC Hammer Pants.

4) My wife seems to like my new fitness level a lot better ;)

5) I just FEEL a ton better everyday.
  • csk0018
    csk0018 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    1. I'm needing to invest in a ring spacer soon for my wedding band.
    2. Being able to sit in sports arena/theater seats without being uncomfortable because I'm squished in.
    3. Being light enough to sit on my husband's lap without crushing him. :bigsmile:
    4. Having an insane amount of energy that I use to not have when I was heavier.
    5. Buying new and smaller clothes... :happy:
    6. Compliments I get from people at the gym -- they truly have seen how hard I work and how it's paying off.
    7. Being able to bike up the hills without stopping, huffing or puffing!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,653 Member
    Options
    1. Was advised to stop taking diabetes meds for Type 2 in November.
    2. Just got back my hba1c and it is 5.0, smack in the middle of the non diabetic range of 4.0-6.0 after four months without medication.
  • chunkybun
    chunkybun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I look forward to evening walks with my husband now, instead of trying to find excuses. This is because I can actually walk beside him now and keep pace, instead of walking 1/2 block behind him completely out of breath.

I can start to see the rounded curves of a shapely tush, where there once was a gelatinous mass of cellulite with no distinction between bum and upper thigh. (Getting rid of the junk in the trunk as my husband likes to say)

I feel full of energy throughout the day. No more 3pm crash.

My skin looks and feels better.

I can do push-ups from my toes. (not many, but working on that)
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I did a 4.8 mile hike the other day and while the uphill parts were still brutal I did it and wasn't even sore the next day!!

Which is a big accomplishment. Because when I started walking In January I would walk around the loop of our dead end street and it's .6 miles and could only do one lap and was so out of breath and had such bad chest pains that I felt like I was going to die!
  • Booda101
    Booda101 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Having complete strangers come up to me in the gym and compliment me on how much progress I've made.
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I have lost 2 inches from my waist and 1 inch from my hips. :)
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Realizing I am starting to get "shapely legs".

I wore a dress and high-heels wedges to my bridal shower last weekend and my aunt said "wow when you turned on your toes just a minute ago I thought I saw a big muscle poke out of your thigh!" and she was right :)
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    1. Being able to zip my Northface over my hips - with room!
    2. Being able to wear shirts that used to be too small
    3. On the flip side, not being able to wear shirts that used to be a little too big [because now they're HUUUGE]
    4. Being able to go off cholesterol medication because I've gotten it under control with my diet!
  • Chelz2013
    Chelz2013 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I've also been fortunate enough to have several women in my gym classes stop me to tell me they've noticed how much I've accomplished and how much weight/inches I'm losing.

Having my husband notice he can hug me closer due to inches lost around the middle! And he's also noticed the curves in the right places.

Pulling out an old pair of capri's from the depths of the closet that I never wore because they were too small and I fit perfectly in them now. (lost about two sizes so far)

Buying new bras and new jeans because of losing inches around the middle and old jeans falling off.

Realizing I have my own motivation to do this for myself and my husband appreciates this fact since he knew he couldn't "push" me if I wasn't ready to do it on my own
  • dlemond1128
    dlemond1128 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    1. Being able to zip up my Northface jacket and have room around my hips.
    2 Having other women stare at me with big eyes as I was bench pressing at the gym.
    3. Fitting into a pair of capri paints I havent been able to wear in over 3 years
  • TheMrsCole
    TheMrsCole Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    1. Going from a size 14/16 to a single digits (currently in an 8)

2. Wedding ring which was once too tight now falls off

3. None of my clothes are tight anymore

4. No more double chin!

5. Running for 35 minutes straight!