Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I'd go with fudge every day, lol.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    But fudge has fat, and fries have carbs? How about Skittles and butter? But old Skittles. None of that green apple bull****.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    simple answer: dip your fries in your frosty . . . that way you can have your fat and eat your sugar too (without even missing out on the salt).
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    It's not good to consume either, if they are separated from their original source, and eaten in concentration. But it is easier to consume larger amounts of calories from fat because fat is more dense.
    Separated from their original source? So I need to climb the tree and eat the fruit right off the branch?
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    It depends on a bunch of factors, including what the rest of your diet looks like, your activity level and hormonal factors.

^^^This...
  • J72FIT
    Options
    It's not good to consume either, if they are separated from their original source, and eaten in concentration. But it is easier to consume larger amounts of calories from fat because fat is more dense.

^^^Not this...
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Assuming this is just a rhetorical question posed out of curiosity, I'm going to say fat. JMO
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Chocolate covered bacon.

Protein, fat and sugar all in one.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I think I just purred...
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    I believe it was questions like these that created the "IIFYM" acronym otherwise known as flexible dieting.

p.s. I only eat sugar out of sugar cane.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    IF the calorie count is identical, is it better to eat fats or sugars? ie. fudge vs fries :)

Better in what way? I personally feel better and find it easier to stay within my calorie goal eating more fat and less sugar. Fat is very satiating for me.

I don't eat fries often though, because I don't consider white potatoes much different than sugary foods. But things like peanut butter, nuts, avocado are great. And I cook almost everything in extra virgin olive oil, and make my own salad dressing using it as well.

I haven't given up sweets, but they are treats, not dietary staples. And except for occasions I try to eat sweets that include fat, protein or fiber. For example, I have cocoa roast almonds almost every night after dinner as "dessert". If I make cookies I usually make oatmeal peanut butter cookies or put nuts in them.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    People can still consume oils and sugar, and still be healthy in spite of this. I would just prefer to be honest with myself about those items; they are not health promoting foods, they are health compromising foods.

And people eat 500 calories of oil without realizing it all the time. A large order of fries is already about 300 calories just from the oil.
  • J72FIT
    Options
    People can still consume oils and sugar, and still be healthy in spite of this. I would just prefer to be honest with myself about those items; they are not health promoting foods, they are health compromising foods.

And people eat 500 calories of oil without realizing it all the time. A large order of fries is already about 300 calories just from the oil.

I am not convinced how health compromising oils and sugars are in the context of an otherwise healthy diet.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

I am not convinced how health compromising oils and sugars are in the context of an otherwise healthy diet.

That was my question as well.

I am not sure how these would be harmful in an otherwise balanced diet (assuming no medical conditions of course). If the diet is not balanced - then it's the diet's 'fault' and not the food source.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Just drink a crisco and sugar smoothie.....here is the recipe:

1 cup of crisco or lard

1/2 cup of sugar

8 ounces of water

Throw it in a blender and boom!
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options

1 cup of crisco or lard

1/2 cup of sugar

8 ounces of water

Most of the people on this site would probably say "Ooooh that sounds great! As long as i log the calories, there will be no deleterious effects...."
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

1 cup of crisco or lard

1/2 cup of sugar

8 ounces of water

Most of the people on this site would probably say "Ooooh that sounds great! As long as i log the calories, there will be no deleterious effects...."

more sugar, vanilla instead of water and maybe a dash of milk and what you have there is frosting.

So, yeah.
    There really wouldn't be any deleterious effects.

ETA:
    I like frosting. I don't like buttholes.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

1 cup of crisco or lard

1/2 cup of sugar

8 ounces of water

Check out the ingredients for "Best White Icing Ever"...

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/best-white-icing-ever/

I'd recommend a mixer over a blender, but yeah, people (even healthy, fit people) eat exactly that all the time.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

1 cup of crisco or lard

1/2 cup of sugar

8 ounces of water

Google image results of "crisco sugar smoothie":

RecipeImage.ashx?recipeid=6234&w=367&h=367

If loving something like this is wrong, I don't wanna be right...
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

1 cup of crisco or lard

1/2 cup of sugar

8 ounces of water

Check out the ingredients for "Best White Icing Ever"...

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/best-white-icing-ever/

I'd recommend a mixer over a blender, but yeah, people (even healthy, fit people) eat exactly that all the time.

Corn syrup will make it shinier.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

1 cup of crisco or lard

1/2 cup of sugar

8 ounces of water

Considering 1 cup of crisco is about 2,000 calories of pure fat and 1/2 cup sugar is about 400 calories of pure carbs, I highly doubt that people would say that eating that every day would not have a negative impact.

Again - context.