Zumba success stories??

Options
2»

Replies

• SuperWhoLock24601
    SuperWhoLock24601 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Love Zumba! If nothing else it helps your self esteem get a nice boost, but I try to do a little of everything in my workouts. I am just waiting to be cleared for weight lifting again. Boo, dislocating shoulder. :grumble:
  • BobbieInCA
    BobbieInCA Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba three times a week. Two in class, and one with DVDs, which I vary. I need regular exercise just to maintain, and love the dance moves, but I also do cardio classes, and work on strength, balance, and flexibility.
    We have several women who are regulars in Zumba class who are overweight, and one who is obese, so obviously a sensible diet is needed to supplement any exercise program in order to lose weight.

Good luck...and enjoy. It's fun!!
  • Apple31415
    Apple31415 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    No worries. That would be me for sure if i was her Zumba class. Plus i'd hear about it when i got home, lol
  • ChristineOlivarri
    ChristineOlivarri Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Zumba twice a day, five days a week and I stay under 1500-1700 calories per day. I have lost 40 lbs in two and a half months.
  • karinav89
    karinav89 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Zumba twice a day, five days a week and I stay under 1500-1700 calories per day. I have lost 40 lbs in two and a half months.

Wow that is awesome great job! :)
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Zumba 5 days a week (Exhileration set) - lost 50 of my pounds using mostly that :) and of course a decent diet to go with it. I was obsessed with it - look forward to it and was ticked off when I had to miss a day lol
  • sunshine07611
    sunshine07611 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am unable to do Zumba right now due to being VERY pregnant, but I was doing it two times per week for several months and I really saw lots of changes in my body. It is really the only workout that I enjoy doing and can stay motivated long enough to make it habit! I can't wait to be able to start it again once the baby is born.
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I got back into a fit lifestyle thanks to Zumba. An acquaintance of mine (not on MFP) lost over 100 pounds doing Zumba and is now an instructor, as well as a beachbody coach and Insanity instructor, so it's absolutely possible to lose lots of weight doing it. It's so fun!

I can't do it anymore after I destroyed my left ankle last summer. I miss it though and it's a long term goal of mine to be able to take some Zumba classes again someday, since I love my instructor dearly and miss taking her classes.
  • morpheousneo
    morpheousneo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey. There are a few full Zumba vids floating around online. You just have to find them. . . I'm a bit confused as to why Zumba kills me more than Tae Bo. Very strange. . .
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I loved it when I was doing it. It was a lot of fun and a really good workout. However, I really messed up my knees while doing it so I'm afraid to try it again. Just be careful with the movements so you don't hurt yourself. I hope you enjoy it!! :smile:
  • karinav89
    karinav89 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank u everyone for all of ur responses, hopefully I will be posting my success story here someday!! This really motivates me :)
  • bunkahes
    bunkahes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Yes zumba does work, it burns alot of unwanted calories, you still need to eat right, but i do 15-20 minutes of zumba and i lost 30.2 lbs in the 6 months
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!