cheese sticks
    vegetables and sour cream
    homemade chocolate cups
    hardboiled eggs
    ham slice and cheese slice rolled together
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Right now, I'm snacking on a .25 cup of almonds and three dove dark chocolate squares.

Keeps me from craving sugar later.
  • elisabeisme
    elisabeisme Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    My desk is a No Snack Zone. I find that's the only way for me to keep control. Otherwise, when I get focused on work, I quickly lose track of how much I am eating. If I don't really _see_ the food with my eyes or notice it going down my throat then my mind never figures out that I am supposed to be satiated. I go to the kitchen for pre-planned snack breaks.
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I can't keep food at my desk or i'll eat ALL of it! I bring a lot of snacks in, but almost all of them require refrigeration (i.e. cheese, cut up veggies, 2% greek yogurt). This is good since it requires me to get off my butt and go to the kitchen to get a snack, so there's no "mindless" aspect to it. Plus they keep me satiated so the vending machine isn't as tempting
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Eat more for lunch and you won't get hungry at 2pm. (Do you really eat only green beans???)

Also, snacking at your desk is a good way to de-rail your weight loss efforts. Eat proper meals away from your desk whenever possible.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I cut an apple in half, scoop out the center with a melon baller, then put 1/2 tablespoon (I weigh it) of peanut butter in each half. I also like KIND bars, yogurt with granola and/or fruit, 100 calorie pretzel packs (but those don't fill me up for long), bananas, grapes, today I had pineapple and blueberries. I love Triscuit Brown Rice Sea Salt and Black Pepper crackers with a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese. My office mate teases me for crunching too loud when I bring that, lol. Anything that gives me a mix of macros as well as some fiber to tide me over. I only bring enough for the day and when all that food is gone, I'm done eating until dinner. I fill in with decaf coffee and ice water.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options

Also, snacking at your desk is a good way to de-rail your weight loss efforts. Eat proper meals away from your desk whenever possible.

Never a problem for me, because I prelog everything I bring to work. If I track it and stay within my deficit it's not derailing.
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options

Never a problem for me, because I prelog everything I bring to work. If I track it and stay within my deficit it's not derailing.

Then it's part of your plan. And since you only bring enough for one day, you can't get de-railed.
  • lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    You need more protein!!

I usually eat the following:

Breakfast: Yogurt and piece of fruit

Snack: 2 Hard boiled eggs and/or some veggies (carrot sticks..etc)

Lunch: Veggies with a protein (ex: baked chicken breast with asparagus), (ex: home made turkey chili)..etc.

Snack: Apple or Banana and/or unsalted nuts

Having a filling lunch is VERY IMPORTANT to keep you going the rest of the day.

Also..make sure you are drinking water...that helps me keep occupied and not eat everything in sight! ha!
  • smruggles
    smruggles Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify with everyone, I usually eat a whole bag of frozen green beans and then some peanut butter for lunch, but I'm also eating a fibery breakfast [English muffin with hot tea]... and dinner is my big meal (mostly because I have to cook for my brother and fiance). We end up eating chicken, rice, and veggies most nights. Not horrible eating, just a lot of cals.

Today I brought in a salad & tuna with my green beans because I forgot to hard-boil eggs last night. I love granola, but it's so darn expensive... I'm a picky eater so it's hard to get protein in there. I basically eat chicken [as far as meats go] and tuna [as far as fishy meats go].

Lots of great tips, guys. I try not to snack, but I am jealous of those cheez-its! ;) I have a ton of water every day, I cut down to one can of soda a day [still awful, I know], and I think you're right, I'm going to stop snacking and eating lunch at my desk.
  • nomad1000
    nomad1000 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots, clementines, Kellog red berries bars, string cheese are my go to snacks. I also try to drink lots of water and tea.

I log my day in the AM and bring the snacks with me so I always have something in my lunchbox for when the hungries hit so I am less tempted to hit the vending machines.
  • bunnypanther
    Options
    I'm trying little and often so a typical day for me would be...
    Poached egg on wholemeal
    2 kiwis
    A couple of Ryvita with light soft cheese
    Prawn salad with extra light mayo
    Some sort of berries and low fat natural yoghurt
    Veggie sticks and humous
    Dinner. Yesterday was tuna steak with Thai red curry stirfry veg and rice noodles.

Any help?
  • Rusty612
    Rusty612 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I map out my food for the day before I leave for work then pack it all in snackable sizes. I snack at the office, but I'm grabbing a tangerine out of my bag, or an oz. of almonds. I also pack three servings of baby carrots (9oz!) so that I'll always have something crunchy. I rarely bring a "lunch" because I use up all my calories snacking, but it's really just grazing through the work day. If I bring 8 100 calorie snacks (including breakfast snacks) then I can eat something each hour and never go overboard.
    It's psychological - I just can't be in the office without eating.
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I like snacking on Clementines and Yogurt
  • leeshults
    leeshults Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    100 calorie pack of Wholy Guacamole and 18 wheat thins 130 calories. I eat them slow and they are so good!! And a cup of hot tea with a sweetener. Keeps me full until my next meal.
  • TheArchyBunker
    TheArchyBunker Posts: 1,967 Member
    Options
    Sunflower seeds - in the shell. There are low sodium varieties out there if you're worried about salt in take. This has curbed my snack attacks big time!
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    almonds always curb my hunger, and baby cut carrots with hummus is a lot of crunching and chewing and satiates me. If you're going hungry a lot eat more protein. I'll fill up on cheese sticks, yogurt, hardboiled eggs, etc., they'll all do the trick.
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    100 calorie pack of Wholy Guacamole and 18 wheat thins 130 calories. I eat them slow and they are so good!! And a cup of hot tea with a sweetener. Keeps me full until my next meal.

This snack sounds right up my alley! Where do you find Wholy Guacamole?
  • anro86
    anro86 Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I bring lots of snacks to work! Some of my regulars are:

Chobani bite size Greek yogurt
    Bananas
    Raspberries
    Cereal bars
    Veggie Straws
    Snow Peas
    Canned Tuna
    Flavored Rice Cakes

I just pre log my morning, mid-morning, lunch, and afternoon snacks before I eat them so I know how my day should look- plus it helps me to see how many calories I have left over for dinner, which is usually my most calorie dense meal.