UK Middle Aged Men? (and women)

Options
2»

Replies

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    God no, not Duran Druran I hoped that had been left in the past, what is wrong with you bringing that crap up all these decades later????!

I hated the 80's, no style, just a lost decade.

The heatwave summer of 1976 lingers in my memory : )

Feel free to add me

ETA: I am still in shock at the amount of perverts we had as our childhood TV personalities :sick:
  • Chrisiswinning
    Chrisiswinning Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Well, not ALL female types have to like Duran Duran! It's perfectly acceptable.
  • jpikey66
    jpikey66 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Great post, that actually really made me laugh. Hope you get a good response :-)
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Add me if you wish, a bit over middle age now, but did have the mustache, flares, sideboards and Roy Orbison specs

And I cycled the South Downs way for my 50th, but not all in one day 'cos not that fit then or now
  • nentecular
    nentecular Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • raaraa17
    raaraa17 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I'm not a man or middle aged, but I'm from the UK, does that count?!
  • pauljsaunders
    Options
    FS1E or Suzuki AP50 to school at 16 - that's a blast from the past with those bikes.... My FS1E was mauve, I couldn't keep that thing running for longer than a week without stripping something down on it.... lol
  • finkatt
    finkatt Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Made me smile and brought back a few memory's :P
    For the sake of gender equality i fit the (and women) as well as been middle aged, which i have to say is a horrible thing to admit. Pretty sure i am still only in my teens ^^
    I remember Tiswas and sneaking down stairs to watch OTT.
    And the white strip across half the female populations face cos of Adam and the Ants :D.
  • Chrisiswinning
    Options
    Welcome to the topic!
  • Chrisiswinning
    Options
    FS1E or Suzuki AP50 to school at 16 - that's a blast from the past with those bikes.... My FS1E was mauve, I couldn't keep that thing running for longer than a week without stripping something down on it.... lol

I had an AP. Seized it twice, put a micron exhaust on it (remember those?!) but still never as fast as a fizzy on its game. 40mph on the dual carriage way with your chin on the tank!
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Can I join in? My birth certificate says I'm almost 45. Not male and not particularly girly - I don't own anything pink and I'm better at DIY than my other half (he is into motorbikes though). Was the school oddball for liking Echo & the Bunnymen and the Smiths more than Duran Duran. Liked Spandau Ballet at the time but I think that was more because I fancied Gary Kemp - saw them in concert recently and mostly I kept thinking "what's with all the saxophone solos?"
  • Chrisiswinning
    Options
    Welcome Jane!

Saxophone solos were a lot cooler than they are now, huh?