MINNESOOOOOTA!

Options
Any other midwesterners out there? I was wondering which category this falls under this morning...definitely a motivation and support :) MY CAR IS BURIED UNDER A FOOT OF SNOW...after I get that all off, I will have to continue to shovel it out, then probably scrape ice off for another half hour...if I want to get to the gym. If this isn't a test of motivation I don't know what is!! My heating blanket is on, roomie's making pancakes with Christmas music...ok, enough venting, I'm GOING! You "non-snow" states don't know how good you have it ;);)

HAPPY THURSDAY EVERYONE! :)

Replies

• Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    st paul here :-)
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Oh I know what I am missing and still miss it the snow. If it is going to be freaking cold I want some freaking snow!
  • tesha30
    tesha30 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hopkins area here!!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Little canada...and no snow today!. I did get my car snowed in at work on Saturday and i couldn't get it until Sunday.
  • brooke0206
    brooke0206 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I just moved to SC from MI. We got a decent bit of snow in Michigan but definately not as much as you do in MN. I dont miss the snow yet but this is only my first winter away! But hey on a good note, think of all the extra calories you will be burning while digging out! Good Luck!!
  • stewster123
    Options
    Haha, yeah, Minneapolis here...My car has been snowed in since Saturday......that is why I'm REAALLLY not looking forward to doing this. Ok, I'm actually going now! ;);)
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I lived in Plymouth and then St. Paul for three years. Now am back in Michigan. I feel sorry for you! And, I am soooo very glad I'm not there. Although it is frigid here, we haven't had the snow yet.
  • nmpresto
    nmpresto Posts: 157
    Options
    Minneapolis as well...no snow this morning but it sounds like there will be tomorrow :(
  • stewster123
    Options
    I just moved to SC from MI. We got a decent bit of snow in Michigan but definately not as much as you do in MN. I dont miss the snow yet but this is only my first winter away! But hey on a good note, think of all the extra calories you will be burning while digging out! Good Luck!!

Thanks for pointing that out! Very true! :)
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Any other midwesterners out there? I was wondering which category this falls under this morning...definitely a motivation and support :) MY CAR IS BURIED UNDER A FOOT OF SNOW...after I get that all off, I will have to continue to shovel it out, then probably scrape ice off for another half hour...if I want to get to the gym. If this isn't a test of motivation I don't know what is!! My heating blanket is on, roomie's making pancakes with Christmas music...ok, enough venting, I'm GOING! You "non-snow" states don't know how good you have it ;);)

HAPPY THURSDAY EVERYONE! :)

By the time you finish all of that you won't need to go to the gym. You will have gotten your exercise. :laugh:

I'm in Virginia. We are getting our first snow of the year. But only 4 inches at the most where I live.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Saint Louis Mo. Just ice here, and people who think it's just normal driving conditions and screw up the roads for everyone else.
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I"m in the Plymouth area! I feel you're pain. I hope that 1-3" doesn't happen today!
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I so know about the car being buried. I lived in Northern VT for 10 1/2 years. I moved to NJ in April (thanks to the US Air Force). I was not used to the amount of snowfall that the state got.

I had mornings I went out to head to work and had to get 2ft of my car. Plus I sometimes had to go to the end of the driveway and clear a bit of a path because the snow plow would pile up more snow that I couldn't drive through.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    Eagan here! We just had a little dusting of snow overnight. No biggie.

Good luck with getting your car unburied. I'd offer to come help ya but I'm *sure* you're done already, riiiiight? ;-)
  • Dlibo1013
    Options
    Lots of Minnesotans cool :-)
  • stewster123
    Options
    Eagan here! We just had a little dusting of snow overnight. No biggie.

Good luck with getting your car unburied. I'd offer to come help ya but I'm *sure* you're done already, riiiiight? ;-)

Haha, I would've taken you up on that offer!! :) Not a fun task, a workout all in itself for sure!!! A never-ending task! :)
  • Pragmatica
    Options
    I live all the way up north in Hibbing, MN. I moved here from Indiana, so this is my first Minnesotan winter. Wooo!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    We are warming up today down here in SC. I wish I could send you our 50 degrees and sun. Need it to thaw out TCF stadium.
  • Dlibo1013
    Options
    that would be greatlyyyyyyyyyyyy appreciated
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    We are warming up today down here in SC. I wish I could send you our 50 degrees and sun. Need it to thaw out TCF stadium.

NO DOUBT! PLEASE, PLEASE do what you can to send us some warmth! I got lucky and scored tickets to that outdoors Vikings game! :)