30 Day Shred & Walking Results-PLS!

Options
Chimis_Siq
Chimis_Siq Posts: 849 Member
Im doing 30 day shred and want to incorporate walking, however I need a little motivation since my diet has been off the chain and going to restart the program(only was a week and a half in).

Can I see people who have had results by walking and 30 day shred (PICS PLEASE). Also can you mention the following:
Diet : Following or not really
Walking: how many minutes
30 Day Shred: Everyday & with what size weights

Thanks you lovely people!!!:)

Replies

• chunkybun
    chunkybun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I lost 12 pounds doing the shred mon-fri over a 6 week period.

I did levels 1 and 2 with 5 lb weights and moved up to 8 lbs for level 3.

I didnt change my diet until level 2, and have never been super strict. I usually have 2 or 3 cheat days a week. I hit a small plateau after level 2, so I started tracking my water, and instantly dropped 2 pounds.

I typically walk my dog every day, at least twice on weekends. Weekdays its typically 45 mins to 1 hr. Weekends, its usually one 45 min walk and then a more substantial hike. It can be anywhere from 2-6hours and may involve snowshoes.
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I didnt change my diet until level 2, and have never been super strict. I usually have 2 or 3 cheat days a week. I hit a small plateau after level 2, so I started tracking my water, and instantly dropped 2 pounds.

Is it bad to drink more than 8 glasses, say 12 glasses a day?
  • divasaint2013
    divasaint2013 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi guys

Started the 30DS this morning..... yeouch! Also training walks for a sponsored walk in May which will cover 170 miles on a two team rotation,,,, diet is nothing specific, just cutting out the crap during the week, stopping drinking pints of lager (did I mention I'm female) and practising portion control, but having a little bit of whatever I fancy one day a week to keep me motivated.

Good luck to all! Will update on the Shred and Walking as i go along xx
  • crispsandwich
    crispsandwich Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    hi,
    im doing the shred twice a week and running approx. 30 mins twice a week (shred starting this week running been doing a while),
    im aching like hell today after doing the shred on Monday!!!

my weights are only 2lbs as I haven't much arm strength but they are clearly working for me! diet wise I try to stick to my cal goal, though I do go over on occasions as I like my alcohol!!! and biscuits!!! lol

good look and feel free to add me x
  • chunkybun
    Options

No, it's definitely not bad. I just make sure it's at least 8. Hydration is your friend.
  • Chimis_Siq
    Options

Ive heard time and time again you are suppose to drink half of your body weight in ounces. So for me I drink about 115 oz a day-a few ounces short of a gallon :)
  • chunkybun
    Options
    Hi guys

Started the 30DS this morning..... yeouch! Also training walks for a sponsored walk in May which will cover 170 miles on a two team rotation,,,, diet is nothing specific, just cutting out the crap during the week, stopping drinking pints of lager (did I mention I'm female) and practising portion control, but having a little bit of whatever I fancy one day a week to keep me motivated.

Good luck to all! Will update on the Shred and Walking as i go along xx

You don't need to cut out beer. I definitely didn't. I just stop at 3, and try not to pair it with chips/pizza, super salty snacks like I used to.
  • Chimis_Siq
    Options
    Thank you all!! Keep up the great work :)
  • Lizabelle1212
    Lizabelle1212 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I started 30DS this past Sunday, and plan to incorporate walking probably 2-3 times/week! No "after" photos or results yet, but if you want to add me, feel free! =)
  • nixie_o
    nixie_o Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Im doing 30 day shred and want to incorporate walking, however I need a little motivation since my diet has been off the chain and going to restart the program(only was a week and a half in).

Can I see people who have had results by walking and 30 day shred (PICS PLEASE). Also can you mention the following:

Started February 10th and lost 16 lbs doing 30DS every day (10 days each level). I used 3 and 5 lb weights (some exercises were harder to do with 5's) and I kept track of my calories (never going over 1200). I also did at least 30 min of some type of cardio each day. Either running/walking, zumba, or dvds.

I moved on to Ripped in 30 about a week and half ago and have lost a total of 20 lbs as of today (since starting 30DS).

I found it easier to stick to it by following the beginner versions for at least five days then trying out the advanced as much as I could.

I still have 30 lbs to go, but I'm pretty sure I'll make it there.

Good luck - don't give up - it does work!
  • Chimis_Siq
    Options

Started February 10th and lost 16 lbs doing 30DS every day (10 days each level). I used 3 and 5 lb weights (some exercises were harder to do with 5's) and I kept track of my calories (never going over 1200). I also did at least 30 min of some type of cardio each day. Either running/walking, zumba, or dvds.

I moved on to Ripped in 30 about a week and half ago and have lost a total of 20 lbs as of today (since starting 30DS).

I found it easier to stick to it by following the beginner versions for at least five days then trying out the advanced as much as I could.

I still have 30 lbs to go, but I'm pretty sure I'll make it there.

Good luck - don't give up - it does work!
    Amazing! Did you lose inches? Iknow you said your cal intake was 1200 but was it clean or a mixture of junk/clean?
  • nixie_o
    nixie_o Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    Amazing! Did you lose inches? Iknow you said your cal intake was 1200 but was it clean or a mixture of junk/clean?
    [/quote]

I'm sure I've lost inches because I went from a tight size 14 jeans to a size 10 but I haven't measured myself. I tried to cut out all junk food, stay on a low-fat diet (cause I love carbs) and prepare most of my meals. I allowed myself 4 days off the diet and workouts right after 30DS just so that I wouldn't get bored and give up. I ate pretty much what I wanted those four days, but did not over eat or binge. On the fourth day, my body was pretty much telling me, 'ok, enough is enough!'... haha... so I started Ripped-in-30.

It took me a while to get in the right state of mind in order to be serious about my body and health. I'm 5'8" and taller girls hide their weight well so I literally went through months of saying "I'll start tomorrow" and never really did. This year, I was like, this is it. I read so many posts here on MFP and loaded up on motivation before taking that leap. It is paying off and I couldn't be happier. Now, working out everyday is not a chore any more - it's actually something I look forward to and enjoy.

Like I said before, I still have 30 lbs left to lose and the plan is once I lose the next 15 I'm going to change up the workout routine to start lifting heavy. I'm doing these workouts to prepare myself for that. My husband can bench-press 325 lbs and he is my motivation for wanting to lift. I already recruited him as my personal trainer (he just doesn't know it yet! hahahaha)...

Anyway, like I said, keep trying and I promise it will get easier. There are so many amazing people in this community (MFP) that have accomplished their goals, so why can't we?

Best of luck to you!!! :)
  • mdove3411
    mdove3411 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pistachiopeas
    pistachiopeas Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    bump. i'd love to hear about more 30DS results!
  • Lola2248
    Lola2248 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Me too! Tell me more success stories!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!