Crazy how many calories are in Fast Foods..

Options
I was just wondering how many calories were in the things I used to eat and decided to share, so this was my normal day before I really got concerned and dedicated to lose weight and get healthy.

Breakfast would be fast food something like Bojangles.
Cheddar Biscuit- 346 cals
Hash Rounds- 230 cals
Pepsi- 230 cals
TOTAL: 806 cals just for breakfast!!!!

Lunch would be fast again since I only had a hour break from work.
Taco Bell usually :/
Steak Quesadilla- 520 cals
Soft Taco- 190 cals
Large Baja Blast-410
Total- a shocking 1120 cals

Dinner was whatever I decided to cook for me and my husband, usually something not to healthy either.

So total all that up and its 1926 cals just for breakfast and lunch! that's not including the chips or candy I munched on at my desk.

No wonder I gained so much weight so quickly. I was going through a hard time and turned to ALL the wrong foods I gained probably 15 lbs in about 3 weeks.....

Just a reminder to be aware about the foods that you're putting in your body, once in a while these foods are okay to eat to treat yourself, just don't make it a habit like I did!

Replies

• chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    One of the many reasons I gave up fast food years ago!!! So much crap in that stuff, do you really even know what you are eating?
  • cchew686
    cchew686 Posts: 108
    Options
    Those steak quesadillas are killer. It's my favorite thing from TB, so I have just quit going there completely or else I would still be eating them. I also quit (mostly) drinking and that solved my problem of Taco Bell "fourth meal." :wink:
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Now when I eat out, I just pick things that work in my day (Big Macs aren't worth it anymore to me but those grilled mcwraps are amazing!!!). It's good to be conscious. I used to eat those big Bell box meals, I bet that was a hefty calorie amount ;P
  • cms0417
    cms0417 Posts: 13
    Options
    I've done the same thing! It really shocked me. I couldn't believe how much crap I was eating without even thinking about the consequences. I too was going through a hard time in my life and turned to food as a comfort, but now I'm stronger than ever and feeling great :happy:
  • Jenjenthejetplane1
    Options
    Those steak quesadillas are killer. It's my favorite thing from TB, so I have just quit going there completely or else I would still be eating them. I also quit (mostly) drinking and that solved my problem of Taco Bell "fourth meal." :wink:

Yeah Fourth Meal is my weakness haha :( Taco Bell is just so good and now they have breakfast! Ugh resist..resist...resist haha
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    It adds up fast...
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    One of the many reasons I gave up fast food years ago!!! So much crap in that stuff, do you really even know what you are eating?

Yes, I know what I'm eating...

That's why I'm able to fit it into my day if I so desire.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options

Yeah Fourth Meal is my weakness haha :( Taco Bell is just so good and now they have breakfast! Ugh resist..resist...resist haha

Or moderation. ..moderation. ..moderation

To avoid a binge...binge..binge? :D
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Really sucks when you eating poverty calories on a cut and a big burger and some fries almost equate to a whole days worth of food though . Bulking time is the best , brb super size me :smokin:
  • shazbox1
    shazbox1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    If you drank water you would be under 1300, not bad.
  • Jlmervin03
    Jlmervin03 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I was given a coupon to chick fil a for a free chicken sandwich, and I LOVE Chick fil a. I having been debating if I wanted to go or not because I can't have the sandwich without the waffle fries, then if I get the waffle fries I need the Chick fil a sauce and the barbeque sauce. I just don't know if the calories are worth it.
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Fast food tastes so good, but you can eat only a little bit and have a lot of calories. I have been trying to select the best food at places like Mcdonalds - the grilled chicken salad is pretty good. Egg McMuffin at mcdonalds is not to bad. I try to find good selections if i can, or just go elsewhere.
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    When I started MFP, on the very first day I logged my breakfast and reached 3/4 of my daily cals :noway: remember the feeling so clearly - "I'm screwed"

2x 100g sweet fornetti + 500ml chocolate acidophilus milk - I just WTFed loudly in the office :laugh:
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this timely reminder of how unhealthy this stuff can be. I was sitting here JUST thinking about a "filet o'fish" sandwich from big bad Mickey D's... and, of course, it's buy one get one free month, blah blah.

Not happening today, Ronald. Sorry, Cholly. I'll go home and make some salmon. :love:
  • Harrisonsauntie2005
    Harrisonsauntie2005 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Does add up. I find when I eat out now I make better choices, steak rather than a burger, salad rather than fries.
    Sometimes though nothing hits the spot like dirty cheeseburger and large fries NOM NOM
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    The calories are bad enough but the sodium level is shocking!
  • Jlmervin03
    Jlmervin03 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this timely reminder of how unhealthy this stuff can be. I was sitting here JUST thinking about a "filet o'fish" sandwich from big bad Mickey D's... and, of course, it's buy one get one free month, blah blah.

haha...I caved in and got one the other day, and had to work out longer than usual.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering how many calories were in the things I used to eat and decided to share, so this was my normal day before I really got concerned and dedicated to lose weight and get healthy.

Breakfast would be fast food something like Bojangles.
    Cheddar Biscuit- 346 cals
    Hash Rounds- 230 cals
    Pepsi- 230 cals
    TOTAL: 806 cals just for breakfast!!!!

Lunch would be fast again since I only had a hour break from work.
    Taco Bell usually :/
    Steak Quesadilla- 520 cals
    Soft Taco- 190 cals
    Large Baja Blast-410
    Total- a shocking 1120 cals

Dinner was whatever I decided to cook for me and my husband, usually something not to healthy either.

So total all that up and its 1926 cals just for breakfast and lunch! that's not including the chips or candy I munched on at my desk.

No wonder I gained so much weight so quickly. I was going through a hard time and turned to ALL the wrong foods I gained probably 15 lbs in about 3 weeks.....

Just a reminder to be aware about the foods that you're putting in your body, once in a while these foods are okay to eat to treat yourself, just don't make it a habit like I did!

It's not really that crazy. It's why most people who eat too much this are overweight....
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Not happening today, Ronald. Sorry, Cholly. I'll go home and make some salmon. :love:

DYK that the salmon fillet, size for size, has ~the same (if not more) calories?
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    DYK that the salmon fillet, size for size, has ~the same (if not more) calories?

According to the database, 6 ounces of steamed salmon with spices is 211 calories. A Filet o'Fish (with bun, cheese, etc.) is listed at 390. Seems to me that those (almost) 180 calories could be better spent on something else. Not to mention that the sodium is significantly less.

But I'll take your word for it.