Women 5'0-5'3 with real results!

Options
I am making this post because I would love to see real life results of those similar in height to me! Feel free to post your before and after pictures and any tips you might have for how you have lost the weight!

I feel like since I was younger I always carried my weight heavy and being only 5'1 has never helped me. At my highest I was just a little over 250lbs and was slowly killing my body. Now after losing half of who I was I can't believe the difference it has made. I not only look like a totally different person but my life is different. I am able to go out and enjoy myself instead of being constantly out of breath and seeing everyone stare at me.

I think what has helped me most is MFP, being able to connect with real life people and being able to track my food and exercise. I have maintained my weight loss for the past 3.5 years and plan on keeping the weight off for life.

1922133_810783367119_902696601_n.jpg
^^ So here it is, my before picture is me around 250lbs and a size 20. My after picture is me now around 125lbs and a size 4. Such a big difference and I can't even remember looking like the girl in my before picture.

Well ladies let the inspirations begin! I would love to see your transformation pictures and stories!

For more on my story, visit my blog: http://healthychoices-for-life.blogspot.com/

Replies

• kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Bump. I'm also on the short side measuring at 5'1. You look great by the way! :) what are your measurements? I been just kind of wondering how other girls measure around our height( I know I varies, but it sometimes interesting to be able to relate to someone who is around the same.)
  • nicholebean
    nicholebean Posts: 160
    Options
    Bump. I'm also on the short side measuring at 5'1. You look great by the way! :) what are your measurements? I been just kind of wondering how other girls measure around our height( I know I varies, but it sometimes interesting to be able to relate to someone who is around the same.)

I usually don't measure myself so here are some quick rough estimates. (I wasn't being very thorough when I just took them.)

Chest: 34.5 inches
    Waist: 28.5 inches
    Hips: 36.5 inches
  • kchaki
    kchaki Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Nicole, you look amazing! I am not a success story yet! I am 5'1" and my starting weight was 225 pounds. I too am sick of my body hurting and am so happy I joined MFP. I'm a bit older than you, so I don't have youth on my side. But I'm gonna take your topic challange and hope my results are as awesome as yours someday! I haven't weighed in as of yet, as this is only day 3. Thanks for inspiring me and I'll keep you posted!
  • nicholebean
    Options
    Nicole, you look amazing! I am not a success story yet! I am 5'1" and my starting weight was 225 pounds. I too am sick of my body hurting and am so happy I joined MFP. I'm a bit older than you, so I don't have youth on my side. But I'm gonna take your topic challange and hope my results are as awesome as yours someday! I haven't weighed in as of yet, as this is only day 3. Thanks for inspiring me and I'll keep you posted!

Thank you for your kind words. I can't wait to see your results! You are going to look amazing, it's a long road ahead but you can do it!
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    5'2.5" started at 156lbs got down to 112 and now maintain at 126 or so. Would like to be back to 118. Pix are on my profile page.
  • nicholebean
    Options
    5'2.5" started at 156lbs got down to 112 and now maintain at 126 or so. Would like to be back to 118. Pix are on my profile page.

Wow you look amazing! Congrats on your success!
  • missyjac
    missyjac Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow, congrats on this journey! You've really came a long way, looking fabulous now!
  • KTemple1
    KTemple1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for being so inspiring, Nichole! I'm 5'2" down about 40 lbs from 232 (used WW last year). I'm hoping to get down to 150 first to see what my body looks/feels like and then determine whether to continue or go into maintenance. I will say, though, that I really need to visit my doctor for a physical to figure out her recommendations for me.

Success stories like these are what I like more about MFP than WW. Each day, I see tons of success stories from people all over instead of just a few from WW. I literally spend my lunch breaks going through the boards to keep my motivation up!
  • LaChinaDoll
    LaChinaDoll Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I started at 189 and I am now at 148. I am 5'3 have pcos which makes weight loss a bit slower but still going at it. Currently doing P90X. My goal weight is 135 but we will see. I have never been under 140 in my adult life so even 135 seems like WOW. I am medium/large frame. Thanks for your motivation. You look amazing!
  • telekendall
    telekendall Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    wow!!! I am just starting MFP up again and have been trying to really dedicate myself this time. I can do it!! You all are my inspiration!! I am starting at 214.6 and hope that I can get down to 200 lbs by the end of May and 190 by June 24 (my 26th birthday!) We can do it!!!
  • Tight_Fit
    Tight_Fit Posts: 453
    Options
    5'3 here
    SW:240 lbs
    CW: 165 (pregnant)
    Pre-pregnancy weight: 155

you can see pictures and read about it in my success story thread

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234646-can-t-believe-i-made-it
  • nicholebean
    Options
    wow!!! I am just starting MFP up again and have been trying to really dedicate myself this time. I can do it!! You all are my inspiration!! I am starting at 214.6 and hope that I can get down to 200 lbs by the end of May and 190 by June 24 (my 26th birthday!) We can do it!!!

You can do it! Just keep up that motivation you have now and remember any bit of weight lost is a step in the right direction. Even if you don't loose it as fast as you'd like! I can't wait to see your results!
  • nicholebean
    Options
    Thanks for being so inspiring, Nichole! I'm 5'2" down about 40 lbs from 232 (used WW last year). I'm hoping to get down to 150 first to see what my body looks/feels like and then determine whether to continue or go into maintenance. I will say, though, that I really need to visit my doctor for a physical to figure out her recommendations for me.

Success stories like these are what I like more about MFP than WW. Each day, I see tons of success stories from people all over instead of just a few from WW. I literally spend my lunch breaks going through the boards to keep my motivation up!

That's fantastic! 40lbs already, keep up the amazing work. I would definitely consult my doctor if I were you. If anything a yearly physical is always a good thing! I am down to around 125 now which I think I good for my body. I was down to 115 but I believe I looked too skinny then so I put on some muscle. Anyway, I can't wait to see your results. Feel free to add me!
  • nicholebean
    Options
    I started at 189 and I am now at 148. I am 5'3 have pcos which makes weight loss a bit slower but still going at it. Currently doing P90X. My goal weight is 135 but we will see. I have never been under 140 in my adult life so even 135 seems like WOW. I am medium/large frame. Thanks for your motivation. You look amazing!

One of my best friends has PCOS and is also struggling with her weight so I can see where you are coming from. With your determinations and how far you have come already I can see you making your goals without a problem! You've got this, keep kicking some serious butt!
  • nicholebean
    Options
    5'3 here

Whoa amazing story!!! Congrats not only on your weight loss but on your 3rd child as well!
  • Tight_Fit
    Tight_Fit Posts: 453
    Options
    5'3 here

Whoa amazing story!!! Congrats not only on your weight loss but on your 3rd child as well!

TYSM! :smile:
  • 1971MLJ
    1971MLJ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 too, gone from 155lb to 126. Now trying to maintain as I don't want to get too small. Hopefully the pics will work.

latest5_zps65d3f474.jpg

Not quite at my heaviest in the first photo and not quite at my smallest in the 2nd but you can see the difference.

Collages1_zpsf251aee3.jpg

I totally love the definition in my abs

Collages_zpsfe17e626.jpg

and my back.
    It's been worth every drop of sweat.
  • 3smiii
    3smiii Posts: 67
    Options
    I am 5 ft 3.5 and I went from 260 to 175 in under a year
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 too, gone from 155lb to 126. Now trying to maintain as I don't want to get too small. Hopefully the pics will work.

latest5_zps65d3f474.jpg

Not quite at my heaviest in the first photo and not quite at my smallest in the 2nd but you can see the difference.

Collages1_zpsf251aee3.jpg

I totally love the definition in my abs

Collages_zpsfe17e626.jpg

and my back.
    It's been worth every drop of sweat.

what did you do to get that definition????

i am also 5.2 ft and struggling to lose more body fat. i am currently around 22% and have a goal of 19-20%. all of last year i maintained 115 lbs but this year it's bouncing all over the place :(
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!