Resetting macros?

Options
Hi, technically not a *new* member but having finally got decent internet access back, I want to start logging again to ensure I'm eating enough and hitting macros.

So, basically:
-- 27 y/o female, 5'5, 123lbs.
-- Following You Are Your Own Gym by Mark Lauren program, on week 3 of the second level (body weight exercises)
-- Only other activity in terms of exercise is walking the dog, which depending on my work shifts, equates to about an hour a day over 3 walks
-- Do NOT want to lose any more weight as I lost too much last year (very stressful time in personal life), got down to just under 8.5st, not that much more than now but I looked dreadful, and boderline unhealthy. Happy with where my weight is at now and wouldn't mind, if anything, adding a couple of lbs.
-- However, have a small amount of body left to lose around my stomach so hoping with a small deficit and body weight training, it'll come off in time.

Ok, according to a couple of online calculators, BMR is approx 1360 and TDEE is approx 2110. What do I need to set my calorie goal and macros to?

Replies

• mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I would eat at a surplus and just try to build muscle...

You don't need to lose weight, you just need to start lifting.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options

+1 - or at least just stay at maintenance

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1203419-the-difference-3lbs-can-make-w-before-after-pics?hl=strong+lifts+and+half+marathon
    that post has great pics of the difference lifting made with very little weight change just to give you an idea.
  • dschassie
    dschassie Posts: 192 Member
    Options

+1 - or at least just stay at maintenance

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1203419-the-difference-3lbs-can-make-w-before-after-pics?hl=strong+lifts+and+half+marathon
    that post has great pics of the difference lifting made with very little weight change just to give you an idea.

100% this! Stay at your TDEE calories and keep lifting. Make sure to set up healthy macros (lots of protein).Your body's physique will change, you will start to look stronger and leaner without any weight loss (you might even pack on a few pounds of muscle, yet you will lose inches).
  • saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I thought I needed to eat at a slight deficit to lose body fat?? Just have that last bit to lose around the stomach area -- last place to go for me. No idea what my BF% is right now, I'm due to have it done at my local gym next week.

Really, really do not want my weight to drop any further as I was looking unhealthy. Wasn't even intentional, just life at the time.

I've definitely seen changes to my body recently through the YAYOG prgoram, especially my arms. Legs have always been strong. Just that annoying bit around the middle .

What should my macros be?
  • dschassie
    dschassie Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I thought I needed to eat at a slight deficit to lose body fat?? Just have that last bit to lose around the stomach area -- last place to go for me. No idea what my BF% is right now, I'm due to have it done at my local gym next week.

Really, really do not want my weight to drop any further as I was looking unhealthy. Wasn't even intentional, just life at the time.

I've definitely seen changes to my body recently through the YAYOG prgoram, especially my arms. Legs have always been strong. Just that annoying bit around the middle .

What should my macros be?

You said your TDEE is about 2110. Looking at the TDEE calculator that means you work out 7 days a week, consistenly. If this is indeed correct, you should definitely try to get 1 gram of protein in for each pound of body weight. www.iifym.com would recommend the following macros: 123 grams protein, 296 grams carbs, 49 grams fat. And no, you do not have to eat at a deficit to lose body fat, it's the types of food that you eat coupled with effective lifting that will change your bf percentage.