I feel like giving up

Options
Everyday that I weigh myself I am either staying the same or weighing more. I try to eat healthy and I am too injured to exercise right now and it sucks because nothing is changing. I hate to sound all whiny but I honestly don't know what to do. Yesterday I ate 3,000 + calories of cr@p because I gave up.

Anyone else ever hit that bump where you don't think you'll ever lose the weight?
What did you do to get going again?

:sad:

Replies

• Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    have a short memory, start over starting now. you can do it. don't mind the scale. just concentrate on what you are doing now to better your future self. Just don't give up. everyone hits bumps in the road but we all get back up and keep going. please don't give up. I know you can do it.
  • viglet
    viglet Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    have a short memory, start over starting now. you can do it. don't mind the scale. just concentrate on what you are doing now to better your future self. Just don't give up. everyone hits bumps in the road but we all get back up and keep going. please don't give up. I know you can do it.

You always have nice encouraging things to say. :smile:

I agree.... before you know it, 20lbs are gone, 40lb and so on. Know that you are the only person who can control your actions. You goofed yesterday, no biggie, keep on going!
  • Tight_Fit
    Tight_Fit Posts: 453
    Options
    I wrote a success story today. I think it could help you a lot.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234646-can-t-believe-i-made-it
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates constantly, try to weigh once a week opposed to every day.
  • Jackier260
    Options
    you can do it! Don't give up on a whole day if you make some mistakes at a meal. I feel like if I have a bad meal sometimes I want to give up and just eat what I want that day, but I have to tell myself no, no, just think about your long term goals. It's okay if it takes a while with ups and downs. The alternative is you give up and you will just get bigger and bigger and feel bad about yourself. Make other goals, like how your clothes fit or your face looks…don't measure just on the scale. You can do it! Keep coming back here.
  • silenthunder
    silenthunder Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Everyday that I weigh myself I am either staying the same or weighing more. I try to eat healthy and I am too injured to exercise right now and it sucks because nothing is changing. I hate to sound all whiny but I honestly don't know what to do. Yesterday I ate 3,000 + calories of cr@p because I gave up.

Anyone else ever hit that bump where you don't think you'll ever lose the weight?

eating 3000 calories one day is not going to put you off schedule. The biggest problem with the goal of weight loss is that its a 'marathon'.

focus on the small successes you have had. the scale is just one part of weight loss. Do you feel any different? better? thats a change you can measure without a scale - and its a change that almost everyone experiences when they start eating better and exercising.

also: Learn to forgive yourself. that one day of bad eating is OKAY!! its not a major set back - its proof that you are human!! this is actually something I try to tell myself that is inevitable - and it doesn't mean that I haven't been working towards my goals or that I am some kind of failure.
  • ericzanetti
    ericzanetti Posts: 41 Member
    Options

eating 3000 calories one day is not going to put you off schedule. The biggest problem with the goal of weight loss is that its a 'marathon'.

focus on the small successes you have had. the scale is just one part of weight loss. Do you feel any different? better? thats a change you can measure without a scale - and its a change that almost everyone experiences when they start eating better and exercising.

also: Learn to forgive yourself. that one day of bad eating is OKAY!! its not a major set back - its proof that you are human!! this is actually something I try to tell myself that is inevitable - and it doesn't mean that I haven't been working towards my goals or that I am some kind of failure.

˄˄˄˄ this
  • rayytriangle
    Options
    It's been a month and I've only lost 5 pounds and maybe an inch off my arms. It is just very disappointing. I was losing weight so quickly and doing so well, and now everything has slowed down.
  • Tight_Fit
    Tight_Fit Posts: 453
    Options
    If you give up now, you're just going to continue to yo-yo. You need to ask yourself how serious you are about this, and how bad you want it.
  • lindzgayle
    lindzgayle Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    It's been a month and I've only lost 5 pounds and maybe an inch off my arms. It is just very disappointing. I was losing weight so quickly and doing so well, and now everything has slowed down.
    Five pounds in a month is pretty darn great! The closer you get to your goal weight, the slower it's going to come off. It's definitely possible that your expectations are too high.
    R-E-L-A-X stress causes fat :happy:
  • krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    how many calories are you trying to eat/day? If it's too low that could be causing you to want to overeat. Try upping it by 100 cals/day and see how you feel. Sure you may lose slower, but if you feel better, you're far more likely to stay with it :)
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options

Sounds like wonderful progress to me!

Months from now, you'll look back and realize that, although it was slow, you stuck with it and will be so much healthier.

Don't give up! :drinker: