Drinking 2 Pints adding Water weight?

Options
Just wandering if I were to drink 2 pints would water weight be added? I would still be way within my calorie goals for teh day, just wandering if it would add water weight? I would be drinking water throughout the day too, and after. Cheers

Replies

• mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Alcohol dehydrates you so yes, 2 pints of beer, is going to make you retain a little water.

It's nothing serious...it will go down. Especially if you drink a lot of water after.
  • jmsspr93
    jmsspr93 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Would I prevent it completely If I drank alot of water Prior and after?
  • jmsspr93
    jmsspr93 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    What I mean by that is say 2 pints of water before and 2 after
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    It might be counterintuitive but the more water you drink the less water your body actually retains. Your body wants to maintain a certain concentration of electrolytes and sodium in your blood. If you drink lots and lots of water it will start flushing water to maintain that balance (as you start to lose sodium from your body from the water intake). If you drink very little water your sodium levels go up and your body retains every little bit of water it can.

What that means really is if you want to lose water weight, drink a lot of water. Be careful though it is possible to drink too much water (although you'd have to drink gallons). You don't want to much salt but you also don't want so much water that your salt levels get dangerously low.

TL:DR. Drink little water and you will retain water, drink lots of water and you won't retain water.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    only if you aren't peeing.