anyone is there 50's ?

Options
bm1409
bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
Hi! Im 54 and have been on a diet forever. My highest weight has been 160. I did manage to get down to 135 a few months ago, but I am back up to 141. My goal is to get down to 125 which I haven't seen sense my 30's. It use to be all about losing the weight, but now Its more than that. I want to lose the weight, but I also need to exercise and tone (seeing the loose arm skin....yuck). I also want to get healthy. I know what I do now in my 50's will determine how I look and feel down the road. I know a few people in their 70's (which I dont consider old)....but they act old (which probable just means they feel old). I want to stay young and feel young way past my 80's. Which means I have to do something now. Exercise is my biggest challenge. Ive never been very active and fit so its a struggle to start. I would love to have friends that are on a similar journey to support and get support. To help encourage each other and also learn from each other. Brigitte

Replies

• 55romaine
    55romaine Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi I find the support on here fantastic. I have sent you a friend request.
  • CalFun5
    CalFun5 Posts: 13
    Options
    I would like to join you on the journey of weight loss
  • KatVarley
    KatVarley Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Almost there....lol - few months to go. I log in each day and love the support of having MFP friends.
  • prabbitts
    prabbitts Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 51, my name is Paul. I'm 5'11" and was 217 lbs. As of today, I'm 185.8 lbs. My goal is 174 lbs. New to the community. Fitness Pal is great and is the only consistent tool that I've ever used. Most of my friends are in their 50s and as much as I like them, I don't want to accept being unhealthy and unfit like the majority of them are. Want to be lean, fit and full of life. Got another 50 years, chapter two, to go. :)