Tips on what to eat

Options
Hi All,

I started a few weeks ago and am down around 5 pounds. I still have a while until I reach my first goal but wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong with my eating habits.

All of my breakfasts and Lunches consist of relatively the same foods. Is that bad? I know you're supposed to switch up work-outs to challenge your body so it doesn't get in a rhythm.

Lastly, sometimes after dinner I calculate my calories and I still have 100-300 more to go to reach my goal. What are some smaller sized snacks that would be good when you've already eaten and you just want to reach your goal?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    It depends on if you're hungry or not.
    Popcorn can be very low calorie depending on what you put on it.
    I like cereal as a snack.
    If you aren't hungry but still want to meet your goal, eating a tablespoon or so of peanut butter can usually make up for it. Peanut butter is very calorie dense (but also very high in fat!)
  • tesstcool
    tesstcool Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I eat generally the same items but get bored and switch things up. I just find things i like and eat them. For snacks after dinner i like to have a 90 calorie fiber one bar or a fruit salad as dessert or some low calorie popcorn. Pretzels are low as well. If you have 300 remaining you could have some nuts.