College Student starting over...

Options
Hey everyone! I'm Jen!

I've been on and off the MFP bandwagon for a while now. I'm getting back into it and really serious about getting healthy now. I reached my highest weight of 234lbs and realized that's my kick in the *kitten* to get going.

But obviously being a college student and trying to do this can be difficult. So I'm looking for any advise from other college students that live on a campus. How do you keep yourself on track?

Also, feel free to add me! I love meeting new people, especially when they're on the same journey to a healthy lifestyle as I am!

Thanks!

Replies

• mookdog94
    mookdog94 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I've been on mfp for about a month now and live on campus. It makes certain things easier, certain things harder. Likely you have easy access to a gym, so that's a plus! My campus has an eatery that lists all of the calories and carries lots of soups/salads, so that's good too.

On the downside, it can be hard to avoid the "dining hall", where portions aren't pre-set and the scent of fresh pizza is wafting over the salad bar. It's hard to avoid the late-night meal options of wings and mozarella sticks. It takes some getting used to and a lot of willpower!