High protein snacks without peanuts or tree nuts?

Options
I'm allergic to all nuts and I've always had a hard time finding high protein snacks that are nut free! Any ideas? Thanks!

Replies

• sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky & greek yogurt.
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I second the yogurt. Cottage cheese, protein powder in a smoothie, and hard boiled eggs are all loaded with protein, too.
  • sumeetg37
    sumeetg37 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Indian food! Try Dhokla, it's made out of graham flour (chick peas). Kind of perishable, but there are premixed packets available that you just have to steam, these are available at most indian grocery stores... Also we make snacks out of several kinds of pulses just check out yer local indian snack food store... you do have one of those right?
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    String cheese (or other portion-controlled cheese)
    Hard-boiled eggs
    Yogurt
    Meat
    Tuna
    Hummus
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Dairy and eggs are your friends :) String cheese, yogurt, and bits of baked chicken are amazingly filling. I also highly suggest dipping that chicken in humus, oh lawdy.
  • rachface1234
    rachface1234 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt
    jerky
    protein powder (in baked bites, shakes/smoothies) just check ingredients to make sure its nut free!
    protein bars - with less sugar preferably
    cheese
    BACON
    Beans! I love roasting chickpeas with some olive oil and fave seasoning, tasty filling snack with some good proteins
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Bits of baked chicken are amazingly filling. I also highly suggest dipping that chicken in hummus, oh lawdy.
    I dip mine in yogurt-tahini dressing. Great minds think alike!
  • Sizzles90X
    Sizzles90X Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions!!!
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    hard boiled eggs,cottage cheese, string cheese, milk/soy milk. my daughter has a severe allergy to p-nuts.
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Eggs
    Hummus
    Greek yoghurt
    Questia protein bars
    Whole grain cereal, oatmeal
    Fish