Best way to bump up your lifting workout?

Options
2»

Replies

• No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    idk bro, i'm with you. doing the same crap over and over IS BORING, and if the alternative is that you stop training, then mixing things up is definetly a good idea.

on the other hand, if you've only been at it for a month or two, and a routine seems boring, you'll have to learn to put up with a little bit of that.

the only lifts that i never substitute for are bench and squat. i feel as though i'm doing ok.

My best gains (as far as how i look in the mirror) came when i gave up my death grip on the training i had been doing since highschool, i.e. a split or a double split with low intensity cardio.

Even if i'm wrong and everyone else is right, they are still describing what MIGHT be the most efficient way to train for results. That doesn't mean that training in a way that is more interesting to you wont get you to a place you are very happy.

and if the net result of that kind of training is that you get bored and stop, then it hasn't done you much good.

you don't need to be a carbon copy of a carbon copy in order to succeed at fitness
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    that was said in the very first response... apparently she didn't like that answer.
  • 7213Melissa
    7213Melissa Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Stronglifts 5x5, there are two workouts and you alternate them. 3 lifts in each workout and you do five sets of five reps. I use the app so it's so easy to keep track of your reps and then if you complete the five sets it automatically adjusts your weight for the next time you do that lift...usually goes up in 2.5kg every time. The app is free for all devices :)
    Thank you! I'll look it up!