Ideas for vegatarian meals

Options
Hey,
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for some one like me wanting to start to try a vegatarian diet... NOT VEGAN... Vegatarian. i need to lose weight and im thinknig doing it this way will keep my craving at bay for at least a while! so EVERY help is great! thanks!!:wink:

Replies

• inspiration
    inspiration Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I make vegetarian meals probably 4x's a week for dinner. I love making omlettes with lots of veggies for dinner. I also buy frozen zucchini pancakes and grill them up with veggies. It is a real cheap meal and good for you too. Hope that helps at all.
  • Ssminey79
    Ssminey79 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian, and I would HIGHLY recommend either subscribing or checking out Vegetarian Times. Fabulous recipes!! I would definitely research about changing our diet so you get the right amount of vitamins and such. Good luck!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    here is a thread with some yummy ideas to get you started - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/115505-104-vegetarian-meals?hl=104
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I am not vegetarian but enjoy some vegetarian meals - like:

Quinoa with a shallots, cranberries and slivered almonds
    Butternut squash lasagna
    Butternut squash soup
    Dominex frozen eggplant cutlets with a bit of low sodium, fat free marinara and pecorino romano
    Acorn squash stuffed with apples, cranberries, onion, nuts and a bit of herb stuffing (packaged)
    Gardein products(frozen) are great and I also enjoy Boca burgers - like the Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil one.
  • shintowa
    Options
    I agree 100% with Ssminey79. I'm not vegetarian personally, but I like vegetables a lot, and Vegetarian Times has some of the best recipes. A few things to keep in mind that make it easier:
    a) Almost anything can be made vegetarian, even things like steak (use mushrooms) and grilled chicken (use vegetables). The process is what matters most of the time.
    b) Your favorite side dishes make great entrees.
    c) Don't overload with cheese! I've seen this happen too many times, just because it is a protein and calcium source doesn't make it the only one, a good one, or a very healthy one (that said, use it if you like it, just remember moderation is key).

Good luck!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Not a vegetarian myself, but I'll share part of what I had tonight, because it could stand on its own as a vegetarian meal. I took some Great Value (Wally Wurld) asparagus stir fry and threw in some Pictsweet backeyed peas I boiled up last night. Seasoned it up with a little chipotle and some McCormick Perfect Pinch Salad Supreme. Use about a cup of the peas for a decent amount of protein. Good stuff. Low sodium, too, if you don't get carried away with the Salad Supreme. Adding brown rice would also be delicious, I think... Good luck with your new way of eating! :flowerforyou:
  • bucky17h
    bucky17h Posts: 120
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the vegetarian times website! Cannot wait to try some of the recipes :flowerforyou: :happy: