chocolate shakeology recipes

Options
sweetaddiction257
sweetaddiction257 Posts: 24 Member
Hi everyone,

I just started a trial of shakeology and it was a struggle to drink it, it was chalky and unappealing, does anyone have any recipes they can suggest that they love and would recommend me trying?

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• NoExcusesFitnessCoach
    NoExcusesFitnessCoach Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    One thing is, I add more liquid than they suggest in the recipes. I use chocolate vegan, but my go to recipe would work - I've used it every day for a year and I still love this recipe!

1 scoop Shakeology
    12 ounces unsweetened plain almond milk (or any other milk you prefer)
    4-5 ice cubes OR 4 ounces water
    1 banana
    1 tsp natural peanut butter

That's it. Yummy and easy! Hopefully that one works for you :smile:
  • antinene13
    Options
    I have a bunch on my pinterest
    http://www.pinterest.com/antinene/shakeology/
  • Skinny625
    Skinny625 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I actually have been using the GNC Total Lean 25 -Chocolate Shakes. I am sure these pretty much taste the same as far as the chocolate. But I tried a new recipe the other day that was actually really good.

2 scoops of the shake powder
    1/2 cup of Blue Diamond unsweetened Almond Milk
    1 tbsp. of Davinci Sugar Free Caramel Syrup
    cup of Water
    couple ice cubes

Then blend in the mixer. 1 Serving.

230 calories per serving
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I just started a trial of shakeology and it was a struggle to drink it, it was chalky and unappealing, does anyone have any recipes they can suggest that they love and would recommend me trying?

ditch shakeology, save money, and eat real food = win
  • onionparsleysage
    onionparsleysage Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

The trial is free for anyone doing a BeachBody workout ;)

OP: Are you mixing it with milk of some kind? I find it really unappealing mixed with water.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Hi everyone,

OP: Are you mixing it with milk of some kind? I find it really unappealing mixed with water.

Ok ditch shakelogy and eat real food = win

I would be curious how long it is "free" for...
  • onionparsleysage
    onionparsleysage Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

It's free for a trial package. No quotes needed ;)

Shakeology is better than the protein shakes that so many MFPers drink. Although it is prohibitively expensive past the trial.
    There's no reason to throw out a perfectly good package of Shakeology, which is what you are suggesting.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Hi everyone,

It's free for a trial package. No quotes needed ;)

Shakeology is better than the protein shakes that so many MFPers drink. Although it is prohibitively expensive past the trial.
    There's no reason to throw out a perfectly good package of Shakeology, which is what you are suggesting.

there is nothing magically better about shakeology then the whey protein that I use to fill in my protein requirement for the day, when I need to.…

why is not a good idea to eat real food, rather then substituting a liquid drink in place of real food?

Meal replacements shakes are not a long term solution for weight loss….
  • teefeb19
    teefeb19 Posts: 1
    Options
    I keep reading about how bad the taste is. It makes me not want to try it. Not sure if you guys/gals have heard of isagenix but I have used it and the flavor is awesome and you don't need a bunch of other things put in it just to get through drinking it. I was thinking about purchasing this stuff but I think I'll stick to isagenix. BTW I am not a coach and do not sell the product just someone that has had the product in the past.