Carb nite and nervous

Options
Today is my first Carb nite and I am worried. If you have done this could you peak at my diary and tell me if this looks okay ?Thanks for your thoughts.

Replies

• claudiakendall98
    claudiakendall98 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    anyone?
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I don't understand this thread........So your eating carbs at night? Or its the first time your putting carbs back into your diet?

We all eat carbs, every minute of every day - Carbs are in pretty much EVERYTHING!!
  • Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would try this out for a few weeks before getting worried about it. You have to remember that calories do count still when you are doing a carb focused diet and you ate only above your goal by a few hundred. You have to eat 3500 to gain a pound. Only thing that may happen is you may gain some water weight back. Does that fish come already cooked from costco? Any good? If so you are lucky you have tht as an option since my costco only roasts chicken that I know of.
  • claudiakendall98
    Options
    That fish comes frozen and seasoned all I do is pop it into oven following directions . It is very good.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I don't understand this thread........So your eating carbs at night? Or its the first time your putting carbs back into your diet?

We all eat carbs, every minute of every day - Carbs are in pretty much EVERYTHING!!

i think theres a thing (diet?) which is low carb and then you have a 'carb nite' every so often...
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    probably http://carbnite.com/

I love it when we're expected to know all these proprietary plans on first name terms
  • twowheeltam
    twowheeltam Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    What is your goal, I'm confused by what you're asking.

Are you carb cycling?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    probably http://carbnite.com/

I love it when we're expected to know all these proprietary plans on first name terms

pasta and garlic bread for me for tea today, every nite is carb nite in the toad household!!!!!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Well, this doesn't sound like it's going to fail at all.

OP, have you tried using MFP? Counting calories? Being patient? Logging food accurately? Have you done this for a solid 8 weeks?
  • Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options

OP, have you tried using MFP? Counting calories? Being patient? Logging food accurately? Have you done this for a solid 8 weeks?

Well she is updating her food diary daily so looks like she is watching her food in take. My understanding was this is a low carb diet where once a week you can go higher carb at nite. Fact that its a low carb diet for the most part means she will probably lose weight anyway.
  • claudiakendall98
    Options
    Thank you for your input Miamiuu . I have adjusted my calorie intake for today. And to answer questions to what is carb nite,it is a low carb plan that allows for a cheat meal once a week.
  • trogalicious
    Options

Well she is updating her food diary daily so looks like she is watching her food in take. My understanding was this is a low carb diet where once a week you can go higher carb at nite. Fact that its a low carb diet for the most part means she will probably lose weight anyway.

you're missing the point. Low carb doesn't instantly equal weight loss.

point is, there's no mention as to why they're doing this. I was asking the OP a question, hopefully to find out why they're jumping into this.. instead of just being patient and figuring out things for themselves. They don't have to buy a book, to read about how to time carb intake / cycling in order to lose weight.

it's even marketed as "a physicists guide to power dieting"... I'm waiting for the "but if you act now, you get 2 sham-wow's for the price of one!" on the website for this.
  • claudiakendall98
    Options
    Yes I have indeed logged on mfp for quite a while and lost about 20 pounds but then came to a complete stall in January. I am a carb junkie and find ways to have my treat and incorporate it into my macros but that always leads to cheating. Since I have adopted low carbs those cravings have disappeared and I do no cheat .Since I have started eating low carbs I have lost 4 lbs and lost inches .My weight loss is coming back on track and I am happy as a clam. Also I am not starving from meal to meal . I am hypoglycemic and need my blood sugar to be stable to feel well and low carb has accomplished that .
  • trogalicious
    Options
    That's fine too...

what I'm trying to get to is this.

If you aren't making sustainable changes, you won't keep sustainable results. Doesn't matter if you're "not starving" for every meal or whatever. That's fine. I'm not knocking low carb, I'm just pointing out that if it isn't something you can't live with from here out, there's no point in starting it now.
  • claudiakendall98
    Options
    Valid question ,but yes I am thinking this is very sustainable for me . The occasional treat is not what is going to derail me but my previous course was sabotaging my weight loss.
  • claughman
    claughman Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    While many slam dieting instead of life style change so long as you understand it is a diet and it is for a fixed period of time after which you have to go on a more long term sustainable diet, they can be useful in getting on the right track and undoing years of bad habits. Carb nite is very popular in the bodybuilding community for shredding cycles. But yes, we all know that long term you have to eat sensibly and keep your calories in bs calories out in check, and the world is paved with good intentions as well. Hang in their OP, stick to the plan and you should see results. Best of luck to you and keep us posted on your progress.
  • claughman
    claughman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind Keifer says six months max - then your going to have to figure out how to reintroduce healthy complex carbs in some form and amount once you know what your body will do.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    claughman wrote: »
    Keep in mind Keifer says six months max - then your going to have to figure out how to reintroduce healthy complex carbs in some form and amount once you know what your body will do.

Since this thread is almost a year old, I suspect that their six months before reintroducing carbs are up.
  • lrlvwd
    lrlvwd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow, people are kind of judgmental and nasty on here aren't they? Well, I hope that your journey on CNS went well. I can understand your nervousness before your first Carb Nite. Would love an update!