Looking for vegans/vegetarians?

Options
Hi, I'm Casey, and I'm jumping on the fitness wagon. I'm currently vegetarian, transitioning to vegan, and looking for people with similar diets. Looking for plant based eaters of any age to be friends with, and any diet plan, whether you're losing weight or gaining. Feel free to comment or send me a friend request!

Replies

• YukiValentine
    YukiValentine Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    hello! I'm vegan and have been one for a year and 3 months!
  • Missymak
    Missymak Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am also transitioning to vegan. I started the Engine2 Diet on Monday. I would like to have some friends that eat a plant based diet too. I sent you a friend request!
  • _xobabydoll
    _xobabydoll Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i'm doing the same! trying to move towards veganism
  • Rusty612
    Rusty612 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Vegan, mostly raw (with occasional lapses into vegetarian)!

:)
  • heathercrumpler
    Options
    Hi there! I'm not a vegan or vegetarian but I'm trying to incorporate more meatless meals into my diet. I honestly have no idea where to start with that goal and the information out on the web is so overwhelming! I hope you ladies can help me with this. Thank y'all in advance :D
  • zoquo
    zoquo Posts: 75
    Options
    Hey been Veggie for 18 years one of which was a vegan year - eat clean and healthy as much as i can. All veggie/vegans feel free to add me :)
  • allotmentgardener
    allotmentgardener Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Simple start is to use quorn instead of meat in your usual recipies - shepherds pie, lasangne, bolognaise etc. You can get quorn mince, fillets, pieces, slices etc.
    Add me if you want, I have been a vegetarian for 24 years. (Rest of the family eat meat though)
  • MissMCassidy
    Options
    Hi i have been a octo-vegan for about 5 months and a vegetarian for over 14 months.
  • Selfexaminelife
    Options
    Hey there fellow traveller. Sent you a friend request.
  • HoneydewLouu
    HoneydewLouu Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Vegan here :) feel free to add!
  • heathercrumpler
    Options
    What is quorn? Where can I find it? I live in a small city so the only grocery shrores I have available to me are Market Basket, Krogers, Walmart, brookshire Brothers, and Albertson's (next town over).
  • clairebeth8
    clairebeth8 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm a vegetarian of 15 years. Anyone who would like to add me as a friend, feel free! I enjoy meat substitutes, but I also love recipes and dishes without them.
  • SushiKite
    SushiKite Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me.! I try to follow Dr. Fuhrman. Started Jan 1/12. I am 61 and love to cook. I have a junk food meat Lovin husband I have deal with as well. :-)
  • SushiKite
    Options
    Read Eat To Live by or The End Of Dieting by Dr. Fuhrman is a good start :smile:
  • SushiKite
    Options
    My fav website for recipes healthygirlskitchen.com
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm lacto-ovo vegetarian--feel free to friend me!
  • lynnroberts808
    lynnroberts808 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian, also exclude dairy :)
  • daisyellow
    daisyellow Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    veggie checking in! we do a lot of cooking so would love to have friends interested in healthful recipe-swaps. :bigsmile:
  • toastybowls420
    Options
    Hey girl!
    I'm vegan, and i transitioned pretty easily after using substitutes. For example, when baking a lot of egg or butter products can be substituted with healthy vegan options such as coconut oil. A few other things that helped me in the beginning, reminding yourself constantly how much you love your body and how much better you will feel in the long run :) Watch documentaries about the processing of meat, and regulations of the meat packing industry. (Mind you there ARE free-range lean meats that are not unhealthy, and CAN be part of any balanced/weight loss plan; however, in some places they are often hard to acquire/expensive.)

Another thing, your body will be craving protein like no other, so make sure you get lots of that in your diet!
    A great way to do this, is to get a vegan protein powder (I get mine at whole foods, and amazon.com also offers good deals on them.) I use Amazing meal-(vanilla chai infusion) and this maaaaay sound strange but I actually enjoy it... But i mix about a scoop and a half (approx 145 cal) with a little bit of almond milk and natural vanilla stevia and cinnamon, I mix it until it's a chunky cookie dough consistency and eat it! I swear, it's delicious! It fills me up and has about 15g of protein!

PM me if you have any other questions~
    Stay healthy beautiful, and good luck!
  • CraftyMema
    CraftyMema Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am not a vegetarian or vegan but need to lose weight and eat healthier so will probably be eating more fruits and vegetables.

I will be 65 in August, I have an Etsy shop, babysit my 3 year old granddaughter, and Meds are helping greatly.

I love sweets and potatoes. That's why I need to lose weight.

I would love to be friends with others - anyone. Important to have support.

Becky