Why is my weight loss stalling?

Options
Hello! I'm 29 years old, 5'9" and 151 lbs. My goal weight is 140-145 lbs. I started at about 158 lbs. and over the past couple months I've been able to slowly get to where I'm at today.

My TDEE (sedentary) is 1,800 cals, so I try to keep my average NET cals (I eat back my exercise cals since I used "sedentary" to calculate my TDEE) to 1,550 (250 cal deficit per day = 0.5 lbs. per week). Things were working well until about two weeks ago. The weight loss stopped altogether, and I'm not sure why. I'm not eating different foods or heavy lifting. I workout often but do mostly cardio / body weight exercises by way of PopSugar and FitnessBlender videos. My BF% (according to my scale, which I know can be inaccurate to some degree) is also stuck at about 22.5% so I know I'm not making strides there either. I don't know what I'm doing wrong?! Any advice?

Replies

• mrseash
    mrseash Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar position though you are smaller than me. Maybe your body is protesting the next loss and you just need to be patient? Wish I had the answer.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    just be patient 2 weeks without weight loss is not a big deal.

Weight loss is not linear..there could be a lot of reasons...ToM, water weight.