Zumba Question

Options
I have never done Zumba, but i want to try it. Is it fun? Do they judge you? I have a class less than 1 mile from my house so i might walk there and try it one day. What classes do you like the best if you do it and how are the results. Thanks ^_^

Replies

• allietuge
    allietuge Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love zumba. I do it twice a week and Wednesday he incorporates weights.
    It's a very fun change up from my usual workouts. No one judges you at all! Everyone goes at their own pace.
    Try it..you'll love it!

I'm seeing results and working muscles that I usually don't.
  • tgmichelleee
    tgmichelleee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Zumba is TONS of fun!
    It's one of those things where on the inside you feel fabulous and super sexy working out, but on the outside you look like an idiot dancing lol
    But it's tons of fun and quite the work out.

Do they judge you? I think everyone else is too focused on their dancing skills to worry about other people, but I will say that it can be intimidating your first day (since you don't know the steps and some people are really good dancers).

As for other classes, my friend teaches the Zumba class so I go to that, but to be honest I'm too intimidated to try other classes especially alone lol

But yes definitely to the Zumba!
  • Left4Good
    Left4Good Posts: 304
    Options
    I absolutely love zumba. I do it twice a week and Wednesday he incorporates weights.
    It's a very fun change up from my usual workouts. No one judges you at all! Everyone goes at their own pace.
    Try it..you'll love it!

I'm seeing results and working muscles that I usually don't.
    Thank you so much ^_^ i will definitely try it one day with my mom. What's your fave class?
  • Left4Good
    Options
    Zumba is TONS of fun!
    It's one of those things where on the inside you feel fabulous and super sexy working out, but on the outside you look like an idiot dancing lol
    But it's tons of fun and quite the work out.

Do they judge you? I think everyone else is too focused on their dancing skills to worry about other people, but I will say that it can be intimidating your first day (since you don't know the steps and some people are really good dancers).

As for other classes, my friend teaches the Zumba class so I go to that, but to be honest I'm too intimidated to try other classes especially alone lol

But yes definitely to the Zumba!

Thank you for the response =) What class do you like the most?
  • Left4Good
    Options
    bump
  • allietuge
    Options
    I like both of them..but man does Wednesday weights hurt the next day! First time I didn't I couldn't sit down normal for days!

No pain no gain!

I danced for quite a few years so I think that's why I really enjoy it! My instructor Riley is amazing!
  • Left4Good
    Options
    I like both of them..but man does Wednesday weights hurt the next day! First time I didn't I couldn't sit down normal for days!

No pain no gain!

I danced for quite a few years so I think that's why I really enjoy it! My instructor Riley is amazing!

Sounds great ^_^ how long are the classes (sorry so many questions lol). I was a dancer in Kindergarden - 4th grade =)
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I love love love Zumba! Mostly because I love to dance! When I have a headache, I go to Zumba, and it disappears. I do Zumba thrice to four times a week - one session of which we do with weights. On alternate days I lift weights.

I think the first few times are hard on everyone, but once you get the steps right, get the proper form (to avoid injuries), you are well on your way to fun! Most people are doing their thing, it does not matter, as long as you are moving and challenging yourself...me? I laugh, giggle, shout with the others, wohoo with everyone else and immensely enjoy myself. I wear an HRM and my heart rate can go as high as 188!!

Did I say I love dancing? :) Try it. You have nothing to lose!
  • allietuge
    Options
    Our class is an hour long.
    Warm up and cool down included
  • Left4Good
    Options
    I love love love Zumba! Mostly because I love to dance! When I have a headache, I go to Zumba, and it disappears. I do Zumba thrice to four times a week - one session of which we do with weights. On alternate days I lift weights.

I think the first few times are hard on everyone, but once you get the steps right, get the proper form (to avoid injuries), you are well on your way to fun! Most people are doing their thing, it does not matter, as long as you are moving and challenging yourself...me? I laugh, giggle, shout with the others, wohoo with everyone else and immensely enjoy myself. I wear an HRM and my heart rate can go as high as 188!!

Did I say I love dancing? :) Try it. You have nothing to lose!

Thank you for the response =)
  • Left4Good
    Options
    bump
  • JourneyingJessica
    JourneyingJessica Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Im positive no one is gonna be watching you. They'll be to focused on themselves. Just remember keep moving!
  • Daviscou
    Daviscou Posts: 2
    Options
    I love Zumba! I used to go to classes all the time. I'm going to start back up here pretty soon!
  • BrandiWoods961
    Options
    I'm not able to get out an do Zumba classes but I got the dvds! I just started Monday its silly but its a work out!
  • Left4Good
    Options
    Thank you for all the responses everyone =3
  • missrussia74
    Options
    I love Zumba! I wanted to do it for a long time, but was afraid to go because I thought everybody will judge me and look at me-and I can't dance. LOL. I was stupid for waiting that long. I am doing it 2 times a week and I LOVE IT!!! I wish I can do it more often, but with 18 month old baby -I am glad I can have my 2 hours a week. Try it. You will love it