Please help me on my journey through weight loss <3

Options
(IF YOU READ THIS ALL YOUR A STAR AND THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ!) :flowerforyou:
Hi everyone my name is Jemma i am 22, my height is 5'2 and i weigh 78.5kg - about 12.5 stone (Size 14-16 in clothing)
I have been size 14 for 4 years now and during that time i have had boyfriends and lost boyfriends through lack of confidence, trust issues, i feel like i can't really be happy because i am not happy with myself. it has been really hard for me to get motivated because i am fighting off depression and anxiety everyday.

I used to be a size 10-12 in clothing and i was a lot more happy and a bubbly, happy go lucky girl, even then i thought i had a lot of weight on me, until NOW that is lol i look back now and thing what the hell were you thinking you were beautiful... because now i look like a sack of potato's. I gained weight when i broke up with my boyfriend of 3 years, i started partying hard for the first time in my life, i drank almost every day i was so in love with party life, i got lost in it. i became dependent on alcohol at one point i was drinking it morning, afternoon and night... because i thought it made me a more fun person, i loved the feeling it gave me, i could disappear from reality. until i gained weight from all of this

i have been on and off with trying to get skinny, i tried dieting a year ago and i went completely healthy and i exercised and i did so well but i gained weight... so since then i lost hope.. until recently i dated a guy and the problems in the bedroom made me feel 50 times worse than i already did, i believed it was me... so i have been trying to lose weight

things keep getting in the way and making my depression take over and i just want to sleep all the time because i feel crap...
The truth is, i have NO idea what so ever on how losing weight works.. i have heard so many story's but never know which ones to believe
so i am asking you guys for help please! =(

(( i plan on eating oats and sliced banana for breakfast with pure green tea, for dinner eating chicken, spinach or broccoli, cauliflower, brown rice and chicken... and i will also add salmon into my diet., for a desert i am planning on having yogart.. not the lowest fat but close enough..
My exercise routine is going to be 5mins on my rowing machine in the morning, and 20 mins at night. or 20 mins morning and 5 mins at night. ))

Is it possible to lose weight in a week or 2 weeks? (if yes how much weight could I lose in 1/2 weeks?)

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's possible to lose weight in 1-2 weeks. But you're only going to lose 1-2 pounds in that time period.

Start here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Read through the thread. Start logging your food. Get moving as much as you can. And adjust your expectations.
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    First off, losing weight is not easy for anyone. Otherwise we wouldn't be overweight to begin with. Food is good.

Secondly, it doesn't matter WHAT you eat necessary. You need to eat less calories than you burn daily (and I'm not talking exercise, I'm talking you just living and doing what you do.

Calculate your TDEE like suggested in the article Dianne posted. And weigh your food for accurate calories.

Eating at a deficit = weight loss.

I still eat chips, burgers, ice cream, candy ... I just make sure I fit it in my calorie goals along with getting all the nutrients my body needs.

Last tip --- I prefer to look at weekly calories overall. If I go over 200 one day, it is not the end of the world if I wanted those 2 cookies...I just make sure it balances out at some point during the week.

Good luck! Only you can really do this!
  • davidhooie
    davidhooie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Jemma,

One thing I've found on this site is a lot of people who will support your efforts and give you great advice! I want to take a second and remind you that there is only 1 Jemma in the world! YOU are it! The next time you feel this need to compare yourself to someone else, remind yourself that you can't because they AREN'T YOU and YOU AREN'T THEM! That's a tough one! I still struggle with that as well! LOL

Put simply, eat less than you burn in the calorie department, find fun active things to do, make friends with other people doing healthy things (in person or online) and remember that it is a slow lifelong process. Give yourself some grace and remember that every step, no matter how small it seems, is a step toward where you want to go!

You are a young lady, you have the world by the throat! Go out and get this! :-)
  • smallstuff76
    smallstuff76 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I too am 5'2 and I was about the same size when I started my journey. I have now lost about 27 pounds. I lost 2 pounds before started on MFP. It has taken time and effort. But it does get easier. I find it easier to turn down my trigger foods. NOW anyway. It has been a struggle. You can do it. I was loosing about 1/2 a pound to a pound a week. Had ups and downs along the way but just kept getting back on track. Don't give up! Your goal is reachable and once you start seeing the small steps working you will feel better! :)
  • ghosthackexe
    ghosthackexe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Okay well first things first weight loss works a lot easier if you use MFP as much as you can so get the app if you need to. second thing is to lose weight you need to be at a deficit so if mfp says I can eat 1880 cals in a day and I eat 1780 my body will then burn 100 cals of stored energy (fat) to put me at 1880 or what ever my body needs to function. Also your talking about how much weight you can lose in a week tbh you wont lose enough to tell any difference but if you think about it a couple of weeks or a month even isn't that long of a time. I was also like you thinking I'd go hard for a week and I'd lose it all unfortunately isn't that easy. But if I can do it you can too been with mfp for about two months now already down 23 lbs and I feel great. Just some things to think about. If you really do want to lose weight don't make it just some week long thing make it a lifestyle change.

When things don't happen right away just remember: it takes 6 months to build a Rolls-Royce and 13 hours to build a Toyota. Build yourself like a Rolls-Royce ;)
  • blackwidowpritchard
    Options
    wow thank you all so much for your advice and support, it has been hell for me and it is really, more than nice to know people are willing to help me, thank you all =D xxxxx