joined the gym today!!

Options
well today at the ripe old age of 32 I finally joined the gym!! I always said I would never join a gym , was never "for me" but after my induction today im actually excited to go tomorrow!! :bigsmile:
I walk my dog 4 miles most days and cycle a lot, and I will be cycling to the gym also which will be about 20minute there 20 minutes back , at the gym I will start on the tredmill, then the cross trainer then the rowing machine, maybe some weights?? then a 20 minute swim . I carry all my extra unwanted weight on my upper body, tummy , back , face but I have nice slim legs so need to concentrate on my upper body .
anyway just wanted to share that with the world :flowerforyou:
xxxx

Replies

• OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    lol thanks for sharing, and good luck!!
  • Cynner2007
    Cynner2007 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Woot! Get thee to the gym, young lady..and keep going!
  • jacquiearchambault
    jacquiearchambault Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Sounds like you have a success plan that will not fail you! HAVE FUN!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I will be cycling to the gym also which will be about 20minute there 20 minutes back , at the gym I will start on the tredmill, then the cross trainer then the rowing machine, maybe some weights??

Two suggestions: if you're cycling to the gym, don't do more cardio work before hitting the weights. More after? Sure. You'll probably get more bang for your buck that way. Also, make sure you've got a real plan for your weight training - look up StrongLifts, Starting Strength, New Rules of Lifting for Women, or AllPro's Beginner Routine.
  • edenalex31
    Options
    great thanks guys :bigsmile:
    any advice is very very welcome :drinker:
    I will look up lifting for women now , and there is a fitness instructor there to help make sure im doing it right so I don't hurt myself , didn't think I would ever be this excited about fitness !! heres to a new improved me lol xxx
  • JCLondonUK
    JCLondonUK Posts: 159
    Options
    I joined a couple of months ago, felt the same way, and am still having a blast! Enjoy. :smile:

Oh, and yes, get the trainer to help you learn how to do things. There's so much more to do than cardio machines.