I just have to put this out there. Sorry.

Options
2»

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Wow....I've never seen this topic before. Congrats OP, I think you've actually made the first new topic ever on MFP....no don't go getting all carried away and loose yourself in the moment now, just keep it cool and hang lose.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Some people just dont know how to spell. Its my pet peeve too. But no one made you the grammar police. Ever heard this saying before, Don't sweat the small stuff. Seriously. Let it go.
  • J_adoreDior_
    J_adoreDior_ Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Is it really that big of a deal?
    Didn't know this was first period english class.. lol
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Grammar is for loosers.

Well, since we're on the generalization bandwagon, I see that you're living up to the stereotype!

Grammar is the difference between knowing your s--t and knowing you're s--t!

Did someone miss the day they covered humor in class? .-.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    The only time grammar REALLY matters on these forums is in the title of your topic and when you are making fun of someone else's grammar. .

(or if you are telling stories about your husband brother).

(Also if you don't want to look stupid).
  • thevoice1973
    thevoice1973 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Grammar is for loosers.

Well, since we're on the generalization bandwagon, I see that you're living up to the stereotype!

Grammar is the difference between knowing your s--t and knowing you're s--t!

Did someone miss the day they covered humor in class? .-.

Failed the exam too... I was too busy actually learning to write properly, so as to be understood correctly. You see, I'm under this strange belief that if you can't use the correct words and correct spelling, then the meaning gets lost. And since communication is really about getting the meaning across, not just the words, it seems somewhat important.

I can grasp how someone might feel it's not important, but unless you're writing a personal journal, anything written is really intended as communication.

I apologize for misunderstanding that you intended sarcasm rather than displaying poor spelling skills. See how it gets confusing sometimes? No body language, no tone of voice and therefore, only written words to go by to decipher the meaning of your message. I guess that's why grammar and spelling are a little bit important!
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of good grammar but can't stand the grammar police. Hmmmmm.

Sometimes I have trouble spelling d-e-f-i-c-i-t.

I have an English degree.