Can't believe I made it.

Options

Replies

• robinerikson
    Options
    Wow! This is so amazing! Congratulations for a job well done. Your story is an inspiration to everybody.
  • drojen
    drojen Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    What a great story. First, congrats. on the weight loss and on the new baby. I'm so sorry about the twins. What a terrible thing to have to go through. Glad you found your way out of what must surely have been a very sad time. I needed to hear a success like this today. As I sit here thinking about how long it's taking to get where I need to go, I sometimes wonder if I'll ever get there. But you had a great mindset about it. Just do a little more and eat a little less each day. If you eat too much or don't exercise for whatever reason, forgive and move on. Tomorrow really is another day. I have a little over 30 lbs to get to onederland - which is the only goal I can think of at the moment. A final healthy weight for me is around 155, but I'll think about that once I get to onederland - somedays it seems so far off. Your story is inspiring, so today I'll hang in there and remember everything takes time. I will get there.

Thanks for an inspiring story.
  • Meganosborn1988
    Meganosborn1988 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wonderful story, thank you for taking the time to write it! So beautiful!
  • Srsmith1955
    Srsmith1955 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    So inspirational. And amazing. Congratulations on the new addition :)
  • Tight_Fit
    Tight_Fit Posts: 453
    Options
    I'd love for everyone to come join me over at

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235717-throwback-thursday

It has an early on progress picture of me and you guys can show me yourselves too! :flowerforyou: :heart: :smile:
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your inspiring story! Congrats on the new baby!
  • lcnelson
    lcnelson Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story! You look just amazing! Changing the way you think is just as important....what great motiviation!
  • caenis
    caenis Posts: 14
    Options
    Congratulations on your new pregnancy, and I am sorry for your loss. You look great and deserve to be proud!
  • LauraBalyk
    LauraBalyk Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure how to start this, so I'm just going to dive right in..

This morning someone suggested something I honestly never thought was going to be possible.. to write a success story. For the first time ever, I revealed a before picture of myself, which I'll post here, and it was my first time comparing pictures, from the very start, to now.

In September 2012 I was 220lbs. I was also pregnant with my third child, which turned out to be number 3 +4 actually. I knew that twins ran in my family, so I wasn't too surprised, and I already had 2, so this will be easy right? It was, until the pains came. It turns out I had an ectopic pregnancy that ruptured my tube, I lost both babies, my right ovary and my right Fallopian tube. After the surgery and recovery, I stepped on the scale, and there it was.. I had gained 20 lbs. Now sitting at the weight of 2 adult females, I hated myself..

I've always been an emotional eater, so you can imagine after losing the twins, and then realizing I gained so much weight, I ate.. a lot. I know, I know, the irony.

I had tried to lose weight before, crash diets and fads mostly, things that are in no way healthy, or the way that a human being should live. I've always struggled with weight, and being raised by a single dad, there wasn't always time for nutrition lessons. And every time I'd attempted to lose weight, I always told my friends and family I was going to, and somehow always felt like I was setting myself up for failure. I would set up huge unrealistic goals for myself like "Eat 500 calories a day!" or "Workout for 8 hours tomorrow" or "100 lbs in 3 months wont be too hard, just man up fatty!"

This time around, I didn't acknowledge that I was going to lose weight. I felt like when I looked at the numbers on the scale, I would obsess, and I would weigh myself a dozen times a day to see if that cracker really did make me gain 2 lbs. I didn't tell anyone about my goals to lose weight, not even my husband, although he has always been my biggest supporter. This time, I needed to know that I could do this on my own.

I'm a SAHM, so I went to the sporting goods store, and bought myself a stationary recumbent bike, and told husband I wanted to see if it would help with my restless leg syndrome. I started off small. 3 times a week, while he was at work, I would turn the resistance up half way, and ride until I couldn't feel my legs anymore. Then it became 5 times a week. Next thing I know I'm getting off the bike and doing squats, jumping jacks and mountain climbers. I would always push for more, and to go as hard as my body would let me, because I wanted this more than anything. The pain of discipline will never outweigh the pain of disappointment.

When it came to food, I never wanted to develop a food anxiety. I never wanted to have a fear of being around certain things that I used to binge on. I never cleaned out my cabinets, and I never got rid of the junk food. Goldfish crackers have always been a major weakness of mine. I would leave a box of goldfish on the counter out in the open, and every time I went into the kitchen, it was my choice. Grab the accessible goldfish, or have to peel and cut up kiwi, or mango or pineapple. I knew that if I was going to do this, I had to be the one calling the shots, not my cravings. And I needed to learn discipline, or I'd lose control every time I was exposed to junk food. I never quit anything cold turkey, I would always say to myself, "Today, you're going to eat 200 calories less than yesterday" or "Today, you're going to have one less snack" I wanted these changes to be gradual, I didn't want to hate life because I was trying to lose weight. And that's how I did it, I just ate a little bit less, until I was satisfied with around 1300 calories a day. I never beat myself up if I want over, I just kept telling myself to do better next time.

I know I make it sound easier than it is, but it isn't. As I write this, I sit here with a box of tissues, thinking about how hard some days were, and how I felt like giving up. How there were days when I cried, and times when I missed a workout opportunity, or was just too tired to count calories. It isn't easy, but it is worth it. I can get up and run around my with kids now. I can play soccer with them and not be out of breath by the time I make it to the other end of the field. I can go out with my husband, and wear something sexy, and not worry about who's looking at me and if they're judging me. And I can now proudly say that I weigh 155 lbs.

15x6fjn.jpg

6zubes.jpg

And there is one more happy ending to our story..

346xslh.jpg

We're finally pregnant with baby number 3. :smile:

(Sorry about the crappy first picture, it was at a wedding, I caught the bouquet and my husband caught the garter, and sorry about the last picture, it's my husband's crappy work phone lol)

Amazing story !
  • ruthiestamos
    ruthiestamos Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! Love your story and congrats on the addition!
  • itsHealthy
    itsHealthy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    OMG...you look goegeous! So inspiring!!
  • tiffanycherie
    tiffanycherie Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Thanks for sharing. Sooo Inspiring!!!
  • Tight_Fit
    Options
    Just wanted to say thank you again to everyone for all of your kind words!
  • jmessina205
    jmessina205 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Wow that is so inspirational and absolutely amazing. Congrats :smile:
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Wow.
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Your results are incredible!

Also, you make me think I should start lifting weights. My current BF% goal would put me lighter than you and I'm almost 5'11"!
  • Tight_Fit
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Your results are incredible!

Also, you make me think I should start lifting weights. My current BF% goal would put me lighter than you and I'm almost 5'11"!

I'm a firm believer in weight lifting!
  • Alli4Chocolate
    Alli4Chocolate Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Look great! Congrats on baby #3!!
  • oceanbreeze27
    oceanbreeze27 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am so glad you took the time to share your success story. You look amazing and I am so thrilled that you're fit for life! Best wishes to you, your family, and the littlest one on the way. :o)
  • browingfirearms
    Options
    NiCe:heart::heart: :heart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!