Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Can't believe I made it.

Replies

• Meganosborn1988
    Meganosborn1988 Posts: 24 Member
    Wonderful story, thank you for taking the time to write it! So beautiful!
  • Srsmith1955
    Srsmith1955 Posts: 29 Member
    So inspirational. And amazing. Congratulations on the new addition :)
  • Tight_Fit
    Tight_Fit Posts: 453
    I'd love for everyone to come join me over at

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235717-throwback-thursday

It has an early on progress picture of me and you guys can show me yourselves too! :flowerforyou: :heart: :smile:
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Thanks for sharing your inspiring story! Congrats on the new baby!
  • lcnelson
    lcnelson Posts: 279 Member
    Thanks for sharing your story! You look just amazing! Changing the way you think is just as important....what great motiviation!
  • caenis
    caenis Posts: 14
    Congratulations on your new pregnancy, and I am sorry for your loss. You look great and deserve to be proud!
  • LauraBalyk
    LauraBalyk Posts: 219 Member
    I'm not really sure how to start this, so I'm just going to dive right in..

This morning someone suggested something I honestly never thought was going to be possible.. to write a success story. For the first time ever, I revealed a before picture of myself, which I'll post here, and it was my first time comparing pictures, from the very start, to now.

In September 2012 I was 220lbs. I was also pregnant with my third child, which turned out to be number 3 +4 actually. I knew that twins ran in my family, so I wasn't too surprised, and I already had 2, so this will be easy right? It was, until the pains came. It turns out I had an ectopic pregnancy that ruptured my tube, I lost both babies, my right ovary and my right Fallopian tube. After the surgery and recovery, I stepped on the scale, and there it was.. I had gained 20 lbs. Now sitting at the weight of 2 adult females, I hated myself..

I've always been an emotional eater, so you can imagine after losing the twins, and then realizing I gained so much weight, I ate.. a lot. I know, I know, the irony.

I had tried to lose weight before, crash diets and fads mostly, things that are in no way healthy, or the way that a human being should live. I've always struggled with weight, and being raised by a single dad, there wasn't always time for nutrition lessons. And every time I'd attempted to lose weight, I always told my friends and family I was going to, and somehow always felt like I was setting myself up for failure. I would set up huge unrealistic goals for myself like "Eat 500 calories a day!" or "Workout for 8 hours tomorrow" or "100 lbs in 3 months wont be too hard, just man up fatty!"

This time around, I didn't acknowledge that I was going to lose weight. I felt like when I looked at the numbers on the scale, I would obsess, and I would weigh myself a dozen times a day to see if that cracker really did make me gain 2 lbs. I didn't tell anyone about my goals to lose weight, not even my husband, although he has always been my biggest supporter. This time, I needed to know that I could do this on my own.

I'm a SAHM, so I went to the sporting goods store, and bought myself a stationary recumbent bike, and told husband I wanted to see if it would help with my restless leg syndrome. I started off small. 3 times a week, while he was at work, I would turn the resistance up half way, and ride until I couldn't feel my legs anymore. Then it became 5 times a week. Next thing I know I'm getting off the bike and doing squats, jumping jacks and mountain climbers. I would always push for more, and to go as hard as my body would let me, because I wanted this more than anything. The pain of discipline will never outweigh the pain of disappointment.

When it came to food, I never wanted to develop a food anxiety. I never wanted to have a fear of being around certain things that I used to binge on. I never cleaned out my cabinets, and I never got rid of the junk food. Goldfish crackers have always been a major weakness of mine. I would leave a box of goldfish on the counter out in the open, and every time I went into the kitchen, it was my choice. Grab the accessible goldfish, or have to peel and cut up kiwi, or mango or pineapple. I knew that if I was going to do this, I had to be the one calling the shots, not my cravings. And I needed to learn discipline, or I'd lose control every time I was exposed to junk food. I never quit anything cold turkey, I would always say to myself, "Today, you're going to eat 200 calories less than yesterday" or "Today, you're going to have one less snack" I wanted these changes to be gradual, I didn't want to hate life because I was trying to lose weight. And that's how I did it, I just ate a little bit less, until I was satisfied with around 1300 calories a day. I never beat myself up if I want over, I just kept telling myself to do better next time.

I know I make it sound easier than it is, but it isn't. As I write this, I sit here with a box of tissues, thinking about how hard some days were, and how I felt like giving up. How there were days when I cried, and times when I missed a workout opportunity, or was just too tired to count calories. It isn't easy, but it is worth it. I can get up and run around my with kids now. I can play soccer with them and not be out of breath by the time I make it to the other end of the field. I can go out with my husband, and wear something sexy, and not worry about who's looking at me and if they're judging me. And I can now proudly say that I weigh 155 lbs.

15x6fjn.jpg

6zubes.jpg

And there is one more happy ending to our story..

346xslh.jpg

We're finally pregnant with baby number 3. :smile:

(Sorry about the crappy first picture, it was at a wedding, I caught the bouquet and my husband caught the garter, and sorry about the last picture, it's my husband's crappy work phone lol)

Amazing story !
  • ruthiestamos
    ruthiestamos Posts: 35 Member
    Thank you for sharing! Love your story and congrats on the addition!
  • itsHealthy
    itsHealthy Posts: 119 Member
    OMG...you look goegeous! So inspiring!!
  • tiffanycherie
    tiffanycherie Posts: 97 Member
    Congratulations!!! Thanks for sharing. Sooo Inspiring!!!
  • Tight_Fit
    Just wanted to say thank you again to everyone for all of your kind words!
  • jmessina205
    jmessina205 Posts: 190 Member
    Wow that is so inspirational and absolutely amazing. Congrats :smile:
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Wow.
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Thanks for sharing! Your results are incredible!

Also, you make me think I should start lifting weights. My current BF% goal would put me lighter than you and I'm almost 5'11"!
  • Tight_Fit
    Thanks for sharing! Your results are incredible!

Also, you make me think I should start lifting weights. My current BF% goal would put me lighter than you and I'm almost 5'11"!

I'm a firm believer in weight lifting!
  • Alli4Chocolate
    Alli4Chocolate Posts: 139 Member
    Look great! Congrats on baby #3!!
  • oceanbreeze27
    oceanbreeze27 Posts: 66 Member
    I am so glad you took the time to share your success story. You look amazing and I am so thrilled that you're fit for life! Best wishes to you, your family, and the littlest one on the way. :o)
  • NiCe:heart::heart: :heart:
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Congrats on your success, and wowza in the little black dress! You did amazing and thank you for sharing how you got there, baby steps of getting control of your cravings, etc, it is something I struggle with as I'm the only one in a house of 3 teens and another adult who is WANTING to eat healthier and working at it, everyone else in the family seems to be able to eat whatever they want except me, so knowing that you did it without clearing out your cabinets and built up your will power by doing it in steps, that makes me feel like I can keep going! I've been in a slump myself since the Christmas holidays because I didn't do it in baby steps and I binged on holiday yummies to the point that I have felt like I'm struggling to get by a day without eating crap. So, I came here lurking for some motivation to get back on track, and I found this! Thanks for sharing!!

Congrats again, and congrats on baby number 3!!! Wishing you many blessings and a healthy pregnancy!
  • Mhgretsch
    Mhgretsch Posts: 259 Member
    WOW, you look amazing! What a great transformation! And CONGRATULATIONS on #3:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!