Girls answer to her "I want to marry a rich guy" question!

ninerbuff
ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
Lol, I love this.

The following is what a women posted on a dating forum seeking a rich husband:

I’m going to be honest of what I’m going to say here. I’m 25 this year. I’m very pretty, have style and good taste. I wish to marry a guy with $500k annual salary or above. You might say that I’m greedy, but an annual salary of $1M is considered only as middle class in New York.

My requirement is not high. Is there anyone in this forum who has an income of $500k annual salary? Are you all married? I wanted to ask: what should I do to marry rich persons like you?

Among those I’ve dated, the richest is $250k annual income, and it seems that this is my upper limit.
If someone is going to move into high cost residential area on the west of New York City Garden(?), $250k annual income is not enough.

I’m here humbly to ask a few questions:

1) Where do most rich bachelors hang out? (Please list down the names and addresses of bars, restaurant, gym)
2) Which age group should I target?
3) Why most wives of the riches are only average-looking? I’ve met a few girls who don’t have looks and are not interesting, but they are able to marry rich guys.
4) How do you decide who can be your wife, and who can only be your girlfriend? (my target now is to get married)
Ms. Pretty

A philosophical reply from CEO of J.P. Morgan below:

Dear Ms. Pretty,
I have read your post with great interest. Guess there are lots of girls out there who have similar questions like yours. Please allow me to analyse your situation as a professional investor.
My annual income is more than $500k, which meets your requirement, so I hope everyone believes that I’m not wasting time here.
From the standpoint of a business person, it is a bad decision to marry you. The answer is very simple, so let me explain.

Put the details aside, what you’re trying to do is an exchange of “beauty” and “money” : Person A provides beauty, and Person B pays for it, fair and square.
However, there’s a deadly problem here, your beauty will fade, but my money will not be gone without any good reason. The fact is, my income might increase from year to year, but you can’t be prettier year after year.

Hence from the viewpoint of economics, I am an appreciation asset, and you are a depreciation asset. It’s not just normal depreciation, but exponential depreciation. If that is your only asset, your value will be much worse 10 years later.

By the terms we use in Wall Street, every trading has a position, dating with you is also a “trading position”.
If the trade value dropped we will sell it and it is not a good idea to keep it for long term – same goes with the marriage that you wanted. It might be cruel to say this, but in order to make a wiser decision any assets with great depreciation value will be sold or “leased”.

Anyone with over $500k annual income is not a fool; we would only date you, but will not marry you. I would advice that you forget looking for any clues to marry a rich guy. And by the way, you could make yourself to become a rich person with $500k annual income.This has better chance than finding a rich fool.

Hope this reply helps.

signed,
J.P. Morgan CEO

http://www.worthytoshare.com/pretty-girl-seeking-rich-husband-reply-got-banker-priceless#

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
IDEA Fitness member
Kickboxing Certified Instructor
Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Lol, wow. Just.. Wow.
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    This never gets old. I thing the original reply was made popular on a "Best of Craigslist" site. And it wasn't signed JP Morgan CEO, just some anon trader.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    I posted that on Facebook the other day, but a friend Googled it and it turns out it was fake. But, it was still funny. I'm so over people thinking they are entitled for their looks or any other reason. Become more desirable by taking care of yourself....
  • Sinisterly
    Or doing something with their own lives, at least.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Yep. Just some bored analyst who wrote both the ad and the response.
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Well, I haz really big brains. What will that get me on the man menu?
  • That response! Ha!
    4t0hnd.gif
  • Sinisterly
    It reminds me of song by Steel Panther, "Gold Digging *kitten*". It's actually a pretty cool song:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIn3HuXWMn0.

:glasses:
    Stop tempting me to send that to my mother.
    I've already sent her the Kanye West/Jamie Foxx song...
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Whatever. I'm getting better with age.

hair-flip.gif
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    I posted that on Facebook the other day, but a friend Googled it and it turns out it was fake. But, it was still funny. I'm so over people thinking they are entitled for their looks or any other reason. Become more desirable by taking care of yourself....

of course this is fake.

what CEO of a large investment bank would bother to respond to something like this?
  • odusgolp

of course this is fake.

what CEO of a large investment bank would bother to respond to something like this?

Or sign the thing "JP Morgan CEO" LOL
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    fake but still funny.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member

of course this is fake.

Or sign the thing "JP Morgan CEO" LOL

not surprised OP fell for it though. LOL x 2
  • kickivale
    kickivale Posts: 260 Member
    About to dig myself a perfect little grave here, but do men ever consider that women are conditioned to believe that we must marry a breadwinner because we aren't smart enough or strong enough to fend for ourselves? Get told the same thing over and over for generations and this is what happens.

You're a woman.
    You're a Madonna or a *kitten*.
    Statistics show you can do the same job but make less money.
    You are held to a nearly impossible standard of beauty and eternal youth.

Some ladies transcend this with a strong upbringing and a good education.
    Some don't.
    I have no interest in hating the women who haven't reached their potential.

*edited for typo
  • Sinisterly

hair-flip.gif
    Could have chosen a better gif to post with that comment, though LOL
  • Babsie777
    Babsie777 Posts: 203
    Hahhaha... The response is priceless!
  • odusgolp

hair-flip.gif
    Could have chosen a better gif to post with that comment, though LOL

I admittedly put very little effort into this one *LOL*
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Yep. Just some bored analyst who wrote both the ad and the response.

Totally agree. Probably a first year analyst and I wouldn't put it past a summer analyst. I don't know a single person working in finance making 500k that consider themselves to be rich.
  • Babsie777
    Babsie777 Posts: 203
    About to dig myself a perfect little grave here, but do men ever consider that women are conditioned to believe that we must marry a breadwinner because we aren't smart enough or strong enough to fend for ourselves? Get told the same thing over and over for generations and this is what happens.

You're a woman.
    You're a Madonna or a *kitten*.
    Statistics show you can do the same job but make less money.
    You are held to a nearly impossible standard of beauty and eternal youth.

Some ladies transcend this with a strong upbringing and a good education.
    Some don't.
    I have no interest in hating the women who haven't reached their potential.

*edited for typo

I agree! Whether you are male or female, you can be conditioned to believe something. I will not matter if it is true or not. It's the same thing that happens to abused women and children.