Short Overweight Woman- Need help finding jeans!

Options

Replies

• AtomicOvary
    AtomicOvary Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    5'1" here and the ONLY places I was able to buy jeans was Walmart (jeans that will last a year and tear mostly at the crotch area for some reason or maybe it's just me) or Eddie Bauer (jeans that will last a long time but cost $50). Since you're losing weight, I don't know how much you want to invest in jeans that you might not be wearing for long but those are my two go-to options. Let me know how that goes.
  • mlanders22
    mlanders22 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Maurice's or American Eagle (online only for AE plus sizes).
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    skinny jeans from lane bryant. Or the mini bootcuts. Skinnies are surprisingly forgiving in the waist and a tad smaller everywhere else. So they don't hang elsewhere. I was shocked at how flattering they were. Now, I have been wearing Not Your Daughter's Jeans. They aren't skinny but they seem to flatter pretty well and I have found them for half off retail at Marshalls and TJMaxx
  • superkt
    superkt Posts: 12
    Options
    Im 5'3" and have always had the same problem. I started buying "skinny" jeans so now I never have to hem and they fit tighter but have stretch so they seem to fit all my parts properly. I have bought the last few pairs from Old Navy and love them!

what fit do you buy from ON? i can never find a good pair there!
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    skinny jeans from lane bryant. Or the mini bootcuts. Skinnies are surprisingly forgiving in the waist and a tad smaller everywhere else. So they don't hang elsewhere. I was shocked at how flattering they were. Now, I have been wearing Not Your Daughter's Jeans. They aren't skinny but they seem to flatter pretty well and I have found them for half off retail at Marshalls and TJMaxx

I've never had any luck with Lane Bryant Jeans... I've taken back every pair I've ever bought.
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Im 5'3" and have always had the same problem. I started buying "skinny" jeans so now I never have to hem and they fit tighter but have stretch so they seem to fit all my parts properly. I have bought the last few pairs from Old Navy and love them!

what fit do you buy from ON? i can never find a good pair there!

The Rockstar ones! :smile:
  • runitskat
    runitskat Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and only buy my jeans from Wet Seal. Their "short" size is the perfect length. Most of their jeans are skinny but they have a few that are boot cut I believe.
  • sambamtay
    sambamtay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Forever 21+ if you're on a budget. They have short length jeans on their website. Torrid also has a decent selection.
  • tesstcool
    tesstcool Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    They have these jeans at walmart that have an elastic waist! I wear those...theyre pretty much skinny jeans that i dont have to suck in my gut to wear! For a while before i made that discovery i would leave my jeans unbuttoned and wear a belt and then cover with a long shirt. #fatgirlsolutions!
  • phys72
    phys72 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Ok, I think we have opposite problems (I'm big hips/butt) however I love Ann taylor LOFT jeans. I can't wear junior style jeans, Target jeans, etc. These are the only jeans that fit me other than Lucky jeans.

LOFT is worth a try plus they come in petite.
  • _celesse
    _celesse Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Ah, I remember wearing 11's when I was lower weight too, lol. I'm 5' around 168lbs now and have a pair of artist's jeans from AE in size 14 that fit pretty awesomely. They loosen up throughout the day, too, which is good for if I eat a bit more than I wanted to and bad if I forgot to put on a belt. In most department store brands, I'm a size 14 or 12 if the sizes run a bit larger. I actually don't buy the short length jeans. I think because my calves are stupidly large they make it so I kinda need the extra space...idk, though. :/
  • leapsonbounds
    leapsonbounds Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Gloria Vanderbilt makes jeans and pants that run a bit large and have spandex in them, so they're stretchy & very comfy. I always find mine at Costco, believe it or not.

Lee does make nice jeans for those of us with tummies - I like those too.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Many popular brands offer "short" versions of their pants but only online...which kinda sucks because you can't just try them on but if you're willing to risk having to return it's worth a try. The Gap is one I know of for sure; but maybe check out the web sites of some brands you like who don't offer "short" in store.
  • StraubreyR
    StraubreyR Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Levis 512 Perfectly Slim Jeans. They come in petite size, or in regular with short length. I found my first pair at TJ Maxx, now that I know my size I order online. I can't wait until I lose a bit more and can wear my regular jeans though! Getting there...
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    My thighs and butt are big so I have opposite problem too. But, the jeans that I like are Ruff Hewn. They are expensive unless there is an extreme sale, but they come up on ebay all the time. Not for apple shaped women though. They do not run small, so you can order your correct/true size. Also have a tad bit of spandex so they don't sag. I don't know if they make skinny leg styles. For those who have worn Lee, they are not a lot smaller in the waist like Lee jeans are, compared to butts, btw.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I've given up trying to find jeans that fit. I'm 5'3" and have a large bottom, smaller waist. Every waist on jeans is loose, or I can't fit them over my butt. I end up buying the big waisted jeans that fit otherwise and bring them over to my mom's house where she takes the waist in. Otherwise I think i'd live in yoga pants.
  • fitbrit19
    fitbrit19 Posts: 55
    Options
    Try Lane Bryant or Torrid. They offer different style jeans in different fits. They go from size 12 to idk what & offer them in short to extra tall. You have to go and try on all the different fits. Don't just pick the one you think sounds most like you & when it doesn't work give up. You'll probably be surprised at which ones work for you. The descriptions are so general they fit everyone differently.
  • boobeey
    boobeey Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Lane Bryant, Torrid, Ashley Stewart they all have different fits of jeans from skinny to boot cut and if your like me try high rise skinny they pull over the stomach to smooth out the rolls whole flattering your legs, they also have tall and short
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, and I'm similar in height/weight to you. Since having 3 kids, my stomach has gotten much bigger so my pants are all baggy in the butt/thighs in order for them to fit around my stomach. :/ It sucks. I don't know if the perfect brand exists, but my favorites are Maurices brand. They are relatively inexpensive and fit pretty well.
  • amanstewa3
    amanstewa3 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am 5', big thighs and butt, hourglass shape. I generally wear a 12 short (although I'm wearing a 14 now due to weight gain this winter). I get all my jeans at American Eagle or Maurices. Maurices has extra short too but you generally have to order them online or they will order them for you in the store.