Feeling Discouraged :(

Options
I'm feeling really discouraged.

10 weeks ago I started training for my first 5k. I began eating well & running 3-4 times a week. I followed this for 5 weeks & then went on a 5 day vacation in which I did not eat well, but walked excessively. I came home March 5th. From that day I have worked out 30-90 minutes a day, every day. I have eaten well, and in the 1200-1400calorie/day range. I have lost exactly ZERO weight. Zero. I'm doing T25, and working as hard as I can, doing most without the modified option. I do circuit training, cycling & running at the gym, alternating every day. I work as hard as I can. I don't know what else to do. I'm feeling very depressed and down about myself & I don't know what to do.

Replies

• bsrunner74
    Options
    Are you restricting calories trying to lose weight? What are your workouts like? A ninety minute workout giving everything you've got isn't easy. How's your fist? What are you eating? Are you drinking a lot of water?

I'm training for a 10 mile run. Get yourself a Hal hog don running plan and use it. Log your calories and no cheating! We'll get you through this 5k.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    With only 20 lb. to lose, set your goal to .5 lb. per week—which is way more than 1,200 calories. Log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly. Weigh your food.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Don't feel down! I was struggling for a month (didn't really lose)....it's finally just now dropping. Keep at it, you will see results!! Sometimes it takes a little while :-)
  • moresophia
    moresophia Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way, did some research and found that it's normal! Just keep focused on healthy eating, and definitely commit to those workouts. Now that you've lost that weight, it's becoming harder to challenge yourself because you're becoming more conditioned. Try to pick new exercises or include some HIIT training. Stick to it and you might not see as much weight loss, but with patience you'll see definition, increased strength and you'll be feeling the difference (even though the scale doesn't always reflect that). Stay motivated!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    but are you getting faster? or is your endurance improving?
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    My guess is you are not eating enough!!!

1200 - 1400 is fine but that should be net after exercise calories.

Might need to increase protein, water and fiber as well.

Don't give up but you need to feed the body!!!
  • lvmamaduke
    lvmamaduke Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! I had to adjust my calories for several weeks until I started to lose. I have been losing 1 lb a week eating 1600 calories and only had about 27 lbs to lose. You should try upping your calories and see if that makes a difference.